What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plants I received from Rob Co this spring

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Picture034-2.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture027-6.jpg

Picture026-2.jpg

Picture025-1.jpg

Picture024-5.jpg

Picture023-5.jpg

Picture022-6.jpg

Oh, pretty. Good job on getting an S. rosea. :)

JimScott, have you had any problems with the LFS as a top cover? I used this method this growing season and I've had to go through and remove every piece of it as it has literally choked out some of my Sarr rhizomes and seems to harbor lots of fungal spores. So far I've lost an S. alabamensis and S. leuco, S. leuco 'Tarnok' due to the LFS :(

Cool, very nice!! The S. purpurea ssp purpurea var burkii seems mislabeled, you can either call it S. rosea or S. purpurea ssp venosa var burkii. Very nice plants indeed!

Mislabeled? LOL! The labels came with the individual plants.

LFS seems to work very well for my plants, particularly North American temperate plants.

What type is the pic below the purpurea ssp venosa var burkii aka rosea aka the pretty purp.

Looking good!! Rob has an awesome collection of Sarrs....and the skill and facility to grow them well!!

I like the bottom of the first picture that has leucophylla... what is it?

I like the bottom of the first picture that has leucophylla... what is it?

According to Rob:

Was that a NE hybrid? Or was it fledgling? I obtained fledgling from Jacob Farin at ***************. I suspect its a triffid park hybrid Here's a photo from Jacob Farin from 2006:
http://www.thebuffedgarden.com/albums/cobraplant/sarracenia/gallery/slides/sarracenia-fledgling.html

and it can actually be found on triffid's website:
http://triffidpark.com.au/htm_pages/photogallery/collectors_carnivorous_plants.htm
under:

"Sarracenia x wrigleyana x leucophylla $Aus 10 = Fledgling - Page 95 'Gardening with Carnivores'"

yes. i want fledging so bad. i just forgot it's name

Newer pics of fledgling and HCW:

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture010-9.jpg

Lookin' good Jim! Yeah, Don't know what I was thinking when I was labeling the purp :0o: (LOL -- I probably just had "purpurea" stuck in my head... ) My bad... my bad. -- Yes - Petmatis is correct. (Thanks for catching that Petmantis!) :-D -- It's S. purpurea ssp. venosa var burkii

Thanks, Rob. I'll edit that in my grow list. In the meantime, here are some updated pics:

Picture006-5.jpg

Picture007-8.jpg

Picture008-4.jpg

Picture009-5.jpg

Man I love that HCW!

Picture002-14.jpg

th_Picture003-15.jpg

Picture004-6.jpg

Picture005-11.jpg

Back