User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need Help with Ceph... is this normal? (Picture)

Carnivorous Newbie!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Need Help with Ceph... is this normal? (Picture)

Me again... One of the lids on a pitcher is turning brown and crinkly (not the same pitcher from my previous post). Is this the normal wiltling process or something I should be concerened about? And, I'm curious to know how long the pitcher's typically last. Thanks again for all your help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's normal for a leaf to die off. It even normal for most of its leaves to die of. But it would be better if you keep all you Ceph questions and updates in one thread instead of multiple threads. :P
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=mmorehead;938462]Me again... One of the lids on a pitcher is turning brown and crinkly (not the same pitcher from my previous post). Is this the normal wiltling process or something I should be concerened about? And, I'm curious to know how long the pitcher's typically last. Thanks again for all your help!

It looks like the normal aging of a pitcher leaf anf t should be trimmed once it completely wilts to avoid pests. The pitcher will simply be replaced; and in terms of life spans, I've had pitchers and "vegetative' leaves which have lasted upwards of twenty months and others which barely survive a season . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Carnivorous Newbie!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capensis View Post
    But it would be better if you keep all you Ceph questions and updates in one thread instead of multiple threads. :P
    My apologies, Capensis. I'm new to forums and am still learning the proper etiquette while trying to keep my Ceph healthy! Thanks for your input! I greatly appreciate it!

Carnivorous Newbie!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=BigBella;938465]
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorehead View Post
    Me again... One of the lids on a pitcher is turning brown and crinkly (not the same pitcher from my previous post). Is this the normal wiltling process or something I should be concerened about? And, I'm curious to know how long the pitcher's typically last. Thanks again for all your help!

It looks like the normal aging of a pitcher leaf anf t should be trimmed once it completely wilts to avoid pests. The pitcher will simply be replaced; and in terms of life spans, I've had pitchers and "vegetative' leaves which have lasted upwards of twenty months and others which barely survive a season . . .
    Thanks for all of your help, BigBella. Your input has been greatly appreciated over this past week.

In regard to trimming, where should I trim the pitcher when the time comes... near the crown? Thanks again!!!