What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sarraceni problem

hi guys, do any one no whats happening with my sarracenina flavas

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00642.jpg

its happening on most pitchers

Nothing wrong at all, this is perfectly normal on healthy flavas this time of year. It's just a type of fungus that grows off of the nectar secreted by the plant.

Keep up the good growing!

the brown spots are turning darker and my butterwort valgaris has got it now and is not looking to good

also my flavas this year didnt have any nectar on them

don't know about the ping, but that is completly normal for the sarr. Mine actually started turning brown at the top (like started dieing) but is now producing more pitchers. I think it is fine.

my flavas are doing that as well. no worries there.

can you post a picture of the ping, please?

a few days ago they were fine all of a sudden most pitchers starting to get brown spots then my ping is getting the same now over night my cobra lilly has got a red spots on it, somethings not right they are all in the same bog and my other cp in the green house are fine also fergot to mention i think my sarra hybrid has simtums to, ill postsome pics tonight, today i potted them all up and put around they garden so if its like a virus or something it will be hard to spread

how long were these plants in this bog before you started seeing this kind of stuff?

constantly moving things arounnd repotting will certainly stress out some plants..

mmmmmmmmm about 2 weeks

sarracenia pitchers dont last forever. they wilt and brown off just like other plants

EDIT: Red spots on darlingtonia?? I'm smelling/sensing with my SKILLZ. Dormancy.!

here are some more pics of my problem with my plants, as you can see my cobra lilly and butterwort has been effected now

sarracenia028.jpg

sarracenia033.jpg

sarracenia031.jpg

sarracenia042.jpg

these are pics of my sarra flava and my hybrid effected

sarracenia049.jpg

sarracenia045.jpg

sarracenia044.jpg

sarracenia043.jpg

sarracenia040.jpg

sarracenia039.jpg

sarracenia036.jpg

sarracenia035.jpg

sarracenia034.jpg

sarracenia027.jpg

???:-(

Ok, the butterwort definitely isn't looking well.

Thanks for posting more pictures, now that we can more then just the lid, I believe there is something more then just nectar mold.
Can you tell us what your growing conditions are? Have you applied any fungicide?

The sarrs and cobra plant look like they have a form of rust, which is a fungus. Maybe the ping as well. I've never had to treat it, so maybe someone here can recommend a safe product.

If you have any plants that are not infected, move them away from the sick ones.

i havent put any chemicals nere them
sarracenia003.jpg

the bog is about 50/50 peat moss and sand, it is a south faceing, and useing rain water colected in a water butt from the shed roof

Josh,
Has anyone used any herbicide (weed killer) in your yard or in a nearby yard? Your pics reminded me of this thread - which has some scary pics... I don't grow pings so I'm not familiar with how they normally look when they die from a fungal infection or bug infestation or nutrient-infested media or .... - but that ping doesn't look so hot ...

i think i now the problem now, i just remembed today my sister clean out the guinea pigs the other day about the same day it happend to the plants, and i ask my mum if she sprayed the hutch with any bacteria killer and she said yes so it must be that. because the hutch is beside my bog.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

but i might do a test and find a clean sarracenia pitcher, and spray it with the stuff my sister sprayed it with to see if i get the same effect

Back