What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lastest Sarr. Flower?

SeanH

gambusia
What is the latest time you have had Sarracenia throw up a flower stock? I just noticed 3 different plants putting up flowers this morning. Two (alata x oreo, and a alata) of the three I have had for two years and the other (flava) I got this spring. The plant I got in early spring already put up flowers that I clipped off around april.

Just wanted to see if this seem late to anyone else.?

I will take photos later today.

yeah, it's not that uncommon to see flowers pop up again in late summer. not sure if anyone has ever figured out the reason, but there are a few theories floating around. enjoy them, but i'd probably clip them off once they're finished, i.e. don't let them go to seed.

I've had one in October! I actually pollinated it with some pollen I had in the fridge and it set seed the following spring. I stratified it in the fridge and am now the proud father of some three year old purpurea sss. purpurea x mitchelliana hybrids.

I've got one doing that now. I figure that it would abort, soon, but ya never know.

Back