Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lastest Sarr. Flower?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lastest Sarr. Flower?

What is the latest time you have had Sarracenia throw up a flower stock? I just noticed 3 different plants putting up flowers this morning. Two (alata x oreo, and a alata) of the three I have had for two years and the other (flava) I got this spring. The plant I got in early spring already put up flowers that I clipped off around april.

Just wanted to see if this seem late to anyone else.?

I will take photos later today.
    Preparation and Reactivity of the Heterobimetallic ReIr Face-shared Bioctahedral Compounds Cp*Ir(μ-Cl)3Re(CO)3 and Cp*Ir(μ-SC6H4Me-4)3Re(CO)3: X-ray Diffraction Structures and Redox Behavior Polyhedron Volume 28, Issue 11, 6 July 2009, Pages 2294-2300 . Casey Hammons, X. Wang, M. G. Richmond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, it's not that uncommon to see flowers pop up again in late summer. not sure if anyone has ever figured out the reason, but there are a few theories floating around. enjoy them, but i'd probably clip them off once they're finished, i.e. don't let them go to seed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had one in October! I actually pollinated it with some pollen I had in the fridge and it set seed the following spring. I stratified it in the fridge and am now the proud father of some three year old purpurea sss. purpurea x mitchelliana hybrids.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got one doing that now. I figure that it would abort, soon, but ya never know.