Thread: Removing Cephalotus Follicularis Pitcher's

Carnivorous Newbie!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Removing Cephalotus Follicularis Pitcher's

Hello Everyone,

One of the pitcher's on my Ceph Hummer's Giant is wilting and will need to be removed soon (at least I think so). Since I am still rather new to these plants, I just need to know the best way (if any) to remove a pitcher when the time comes, and any other info such as where to cut, etc. that I may need to do it properly. Thanks in advance for your help! It is greatly appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not much of a "proper" way of cutting off the leaves...Just cut where it's brown and dead, but as to not damage the crown by accident, I would try to snip right where the pitcher attaches to its stem.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't feel comfortable removing it, you don't have to. It won't bother the plant one bit to have dead leaves attached to it. It mostly an aesthetic issue.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?