What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Variations of flava leaves

bpullin

I drink to make others more interesting.
Sorry if this sounds dumb. I was just out cleaning my plants and collecting seed pods when I noticed something different about one of my flavas. The old spring and summer leaves were pretty typical. Almost no red anywhere on them. Then I noticed one tube where the left half of it was as solid red as red-tube flavas. Then I checked newer leaves and they have a lot of red veining in the cap and top of the tube. Is this normal, or is mine showing some genetic flashbacks? My other flava, which is the division parent of this one, does not have anything like this. I will try to get pictures of it tomorrow when the lighting is better.

Could be sunburn but that's not likely. Sometimes pitchers turn reddish as they get older before browning. If you haven't been giving them enough sun it might just be that that pitcher got enough sun to fully develop it's color.

Thanks for the suggestion. They do get full sun, just a little over 8 hrs a day. I've had this group for several years and this is the first that it has displayed this much variation. It grows side by side with its sibling, and that one does not have this kind of coloration. Just plain flava yellow/green.

Heya bpullin, how have you been? I moved to cartersville about a year and a half ago and haven't seen you post in quite a while... how are you plants doing this season?

they are doing well, thanks. most of my sarrs have outgrown their 5 gallon buckets and need to be divided.

Back