What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my bog garden

The round part has a kiddie pool as a liner. I planted rhubarb in the right-hand side. I water with well water and use a layer of pine needles to keep in the moisture.

21hanlonmtbogdec07001.jpg

21hanlonmtbogdec07005.jpg

20 months later... The threadleaf sundew and flytraps died in the first winter. Mountain purple pitcher plant died in the second winter. The white tops, hooded pitcher and one of the yellow rubras had a hard time last winter so I pulled them out too. I didn't protect it last winter. The entire bog froze solid and lifted out of the kiddie pool for days. Here are some pictures from yesterday:

2009-08-25greenhouse001.jpg

2009-08-25greenhouse002.jpg

2009-08-25greenhouse006.jpg

2009-08-25greenhouse005.jpg

Those are some awesome sarrs!
Cool bog!

Very nice. :)

I like before and afters.

Very nice progress. I love the way everything is clumped and crowded. Very nice plants, and great bog. :)

Is the one in the fourth photo Sarracenia x mitchelliana?

Is the one in the fourth photo Sarracenia x mitchelliana?

Looks like an S. x 'Judith Hindle' to me, but Josh should know best.

Gorgeous bog, Josh. :) Please keep those pictures coming.

I'm surprised you lost your Purp. over winter as those should be very winter hardy especially that particular variety.

It was looking good until the last few freezes. It had a bunch of flowers about to emerge and got slapped by jack frost.

I'm surprised you lost your Purp. over winter as those should be very winter hardy especially that particular variety.

Back