Thread: Cephalotus behaviour

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Cephalotus behaviour

I used to panic when I see a number of rapidly browning pitchers.

But nowadays, I have learnt to look out for something else. Usually the new growth will put out larger pitchers.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Western New York
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from the sudden death syndrome, they seem to be pretty resilient from below. This year I had two plants remaining from the original parent plant I got from elgecko, ~5 years ago. One plant apparently died and I was getting nervous about the one. So I took two leaf cuttings. The cuttings died and it appeared that the plant did as well. And just like when you lose something and then go out and buy a new one, I found this little guy among the U. alpina, outside, totally ignored:

I don't know if it's the first one or second plant that I thought had died. And of course I have a Ceph leaf coming in the mail and a promise of another in a month...

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Question: Is it only the so-called winter leaves that sprout new plants or does anything basal do the same?

6 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice example Cindy,