What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A S. purp ssp purp.

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
A purp purp I have in need of division!

purppurp2-1.jpg

purppurp1.jpg

Peace,
Zero

I'd like a division of that, lol. :-O

I want it, lol ! if it too large does it break the pot ?

the outside of the pot is broken.
May be winter freezing?
peace,
Zero

cool! i'd leave that thing alone. looks pretty happy, not to mention awesome!

If you ever divide it, you have got to post pictures of the whole root ball.

Awesome. If you leave it alone, you may end up with a hill of purps!

If you ever divide it, you have got to post pictures of the whole root ball.

^Yes, please do!

i have a purp purp in a gallon pot. it's the one sarr i can leave out over winter, though. I can't wait till my pots full

Zero --- Daymn! ;)

Mine used to look a little like that! I broke it up last winter though, so it'll be a few more years before it gets there again. That last picture is very dramatic. Sarracenia topiary!
~Joe

Wow! That purp (purps) rivals the ones I saw at the Bg of Montreal!

DSC07010.jpg

This one was a little under .5 meter across.

Very nice specimen you have there!

Sorry for being a little off topic, but do purpurea need cold winters? Cuz the winters around here are very mild, and frosts are rare (And it hasn't snowed here EVER) (Zone 10). VFT's and other sarrs seem to go dormant fine here...

Purpurea ssp purpurea occurs as far as Nunavut, Canada. Let's just say it gets very cold there. But i've over wintered one of my S. purp ssp purp in 7 C temps and it did fine

I don't think they need a cold winter but they can't take a hot summer.

mine are frozen solid for the winter here. I don't know if it helps but they are the only sarras I can keep alive for more then a year or two.

Back