What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Sarr pictures

joossa

Aklys
S. 'Judith Hindle':

P9170024.jpg

P9170039.jpg

A young S. flava var. ornata:

P9170037.jpg

S. x wrigleyana:

P9170022.jpg

S. x "Black and Red":

P9170032.jpg

S. purpurea ssp. venosa:

P9170029.jpg

S. oreophila "Alabama". This one has been recently making pitchers with small lids and large mouths. It still throwing them up this late in the season!

P9050038.jpg

P9170027.jpg

joosa said:
S. x "Black and Red"

P9170032.jpg

This looks like a colorful S. purpurea subsp. venosa to me.

Those are nice looking plants. :)
I can tell that is one big S. 'Judith Hindle', even if it is a photo with nothing for comparison of size, it definitely looks mature. Nice plant.
However... Your S. x wrigleyana is labeled incorrectly.
It actually looks to be S. 'Dixie Lace'
ICPS cultivar registrations: S. 'Dixie Lace'

This looks like a colorful S. purpurea subsp. venosa to me.

It's actually a cross between a ssp. venosa and a ssp. purpurea, both chosen for their dark coloration. It was crossed, seed grown, and named by Mike Howlett. I got it a couple years ago when it was still a seedling.

Those are nice looking plants. :)
I can tell that is one big S. 'Judith Hindle', even if it is a photo with nothing for comparison of size, it definitely looks mature. Nice plant.
However... Your S. x wrigleyana is labeled incorrectly.
It actually looks to be S. 'Dixie Lace'
ICPS cultivar registrations: S. 'Dixie Lace'

Thanks for the comment! The plant is in fact S. x wrigleyana. I got it from a reputable person and I am 100% sure of the ID.

Yep, doesn't look anything like 'Dixie Lace' and 100% like wrigleyana to me.

Very nice Sarrs Joel. I agree that the purp is 'black & red'. You can clearly see the elongate pitcher influence from ssp. purpurea and the hood influence from ssp. venosa.
How wide are the mouths on the oreophila pitchers? And are all the lids forming that way or is that just on that particular one?

How wide are the mouths on the oreophila pitchers? And are all the lids forming that way or is that just on that particular one?

This oreo has been very interesting this year. So far it has gone through 3 crops of pitchers each with unique characteristics. The first batch was made up of typical pitchers in the spring. The second crop was grown in mid summer. These were a little more narrow and were heavily veined. Now, this third crop consists of pitchers with small lids with large mouths and rather pronounced peristems. I didn't get around to measuring the mouths, but they sure are much larger than anything produced earlier this season. I can easily fit two fingers in the mouth from the throat to the tip of the peristem, so I'd guess it around 1.5in wide. The two pictures are of two separate pitchers.

Very cool Joel, sounds like it could possibly make for an interesting hybrid! Most oreos should be making phyllodia by now.

yeah, dixie lace is yellow instead of white. Looking good joel!

awsome plants

Awesome plants! Lovely wrig you have there! I also really like the Black and Red, thanks for sharing Joel!

Back