What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need Heli minor pollination help

Hi! :)

I took some pictures today, my Heli has been blooming for a while now. Now I am waiting for the pollen from the first flower to ripen , so i can pollinate the second one. never done this, so if anyone has an experience doing this< I would be more than happy to learn how to do it:)
Here are the pictures:)
DSCF0011-8.jpg

DSCF0024-1.jpg

DSCF0017-3.jpg

Very nice H. minor there . . .

In the past, I've taken to rupturing some pollen sacs just to ensure that something was collected. Others utiize tuning forks or -- I am not kidding here -- the vibration of electric toothbrushes to collect it on sheets of filter or typing paper.

A clean sable brush can then be used to apply pollen to the receptive "girly" parts of the other flowers. I hope to be doing some of that in the weeks to come.

Sounds somehow dirty . . .

BigBella: thank you, it does sound a bit dirty but somebody has to do it:)
aviator: thanx for the linx, i had to play with german dictionary for a bit but i think i got the idea:)

Not to hijack a thread (well... I kinda have), but

Has anyone had experience storing heliamphora pollen?

Thanks,

Back