What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New LOWES find with FREEBIES!!! Kinda

Went to Lowes today they had a FRESH stock of CP's. Just the Normal stuff when I saw 1 S. Ruba. I was so happy because I do not have this one. Very Healthy Too!!!! Anyway I just got home to repot it to find I had 6 plants total, 3 smalls ones and 3 larger ones. man Has this happened to anyone else???? They were just wraped up togther in LFS. SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just divided them up into 2 pots for the winter.

1013091508.jpg

1013091509.jpg

1013092200.jpg

1013092200a.jpg

1013092200b.jpg

1013092218.jpg

1013092219.jpg

Great find. :) Very healthy.

Rubra tends to have a large, branched rhizome, so they tend to form "clumps". I got all hyped thinking that there'd be some free CPs rescued from Lowes in the topic, lol.

I've just gone around town checking out all the Lowes and Home Depots, and all I've found were some sickly, crispy dried S. Flava and S. minor. I'm waiting on the day when I walk in and see a sea of Sarrs and Neps and Darlingtonias.

Nice! I had this happen to me, but with flytraps.

Why don't you go on and send me one of them divisions? ;)

My Lowes dont carry that big of sarrs! :-(
Nice find

gee, my lowes sucks. lol all they have are sickly purps, really healthy adelae, and sicky vfts

I got some like these last year... but there was only two in the pot, not 6! :) I did just get a flava from Lowe's that might have 6 points, but I haven't checked yet. Good find!
Aslan

our home depots around here don't even carry CP's, although that probably keeps me out of the poorhouse.

Lowes has some great CP deals every now and then. I picked up this hanging basket N. x miranda that is about 20" wide and has 10" pitchers. They got three off the truck, last time I went there it was down to one that desperately needed watering :(

DSC00729.jpg

DSC00728.jpg

Rubra tends to have a large, branched rhizome, so they tend to form "clumps". I got all hyped thinking that there'd be some free CPs rescued from Lowes in the topic, lol.

This wasn't a clump, It was 6 divisions wrapped in LFS. They just fell out when I started to unwrap them. So I can pot 6 differnet plants, so to me I have a bunch of freebies.:banana2::boogie:

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Nice! I had this happen to me, but with flytraps.

Why don't you go on and send me one of them divisions? ;)

I would not mine tading a couple for some Sarrs I do not have?? Anyone?????

I'm not sure how these things are packaged exactly, but I'm guessing someone, somewhere along the line wanted to make someone's day.

Going to post some Pics up soon. I got a Bloom out of one of these:boogie::boogie::boogie::-D They are waking up nicely. Just wanted to update.

I had that happen with some flava i got from lowes last year. The big suprise was one was flava var copper top from what I can tell. They all were growing well the second season However the wind today played havoc on all my flava.

our home depots around here don't even carry CP's, although that probably keeps me out of the poorhouse.

Same here. Home Depots and Lowes never carry cp's. I did find a VFT at a local grocer once though.

Just go and ask the plant vendors that stock Lowe's or the employees that work in the plant area. They will sometimes accomodate and stock some cp's for you. They did this a few years back for me. They even let me know when they would be in so I could get them as fresh as possible before becoming a death cube crispy casualty. Can't hurt to ask.

Back