What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures of germinated Cephalotus seeds.

A little while ago I collected some seeds from one of my Cephalotus. It is the first time I've allowed a Cephalotus to flower as I wanted to try to grow some plants from seed. I initailly sowed them and left them on a windowsill which receives no direct sunlight. This time of year, the daylengths are shortening and are cool/cold so the seeds stayed there for two to three months without germinating. I then moved them to my grow shelf where they germinated within approximately two weeks. Here's the results so far;

Harvested seeds
pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

Germinating seeds
pic3.JPG

pic4.JPG

pic5.JPG

pic6.JPG

Grow shelf
pic7.JPG

So far, so good. Just need to try to nurture them through winter now :banana2:

very nice! I've been wanting to try ceph by seed for a while now, it seems fun. :D congrats!

Thanks for sharing!

Those Ceph sprouts look very cute at this stage. Keep us updated, please. :)

Those Ceph sprouts look very cute at this stage. Keep us updated, please. :)
Will do :) Had a look at them tonight and more seeds have sprouted. Looks like the germination rate is quite high.

Will do :) Had a look at them tonight and more seeds have sprouted. Looks like the germination rate is quite high.

Very nice . . .

I planted quite a few in early October and am still waiting for results . . .

Back