Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Few Helis

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissytal View Post
    ....It's speculated that it may be from an old collection and not in circulation anymore. The shape of the pitchers are quite a bit different than the regular clone. Av can tell you a bit more about it if he wishes...
    It originated from an old collection and is not one of the clones typically found in circulation.

This is what it will look like:

HTH's
    Av

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks crystal! You and BB have given me a ray of hope
    Wonderful colors av8tor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    It originated from an old collection and is not one of the clones typically found in circulation.

This is what it will look like:

HTH's
    Av
    WOW

crissytal: Well I've only just gotten this humidity meter so I'm not sure what the humidity is over the summer, but I am on a peninsula with ocean on both sides so I imagine it is still relatively high. I've also got a lot of plants bunched together to use up all the sunshine and bump up the local humidity. The temperature here from what I've seen struggles to hit the highs of 70day/55night for Nov-March/April, then is 80day/65-70night until August, then pushes 90-95day/75-80night for all of August, September and October. I'm sure I could get a fan going to cool things down a bit though in those three scorching months. I'm timid to get one because they're so expensive and I'm not sure if they'll live - of course things turned out well for the pygmy drosera I didn't think I could grow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice plants! Do you have any close ups of the three larger ones? I hope I can get a heli collection going that nice. I just go my first a few weeks ago and I hope it does well.

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks BB!

Thank you Av, beautiful picture and plants as always

French3z: Good. They aren't as impossible as what some would have you believe. I believe anyone can grow them if they are serious about it and are willing to put a bit of effort into it.

Z: You are probably fine in the humidity department then. I would be concerned with the temperatures though. They would certainly melt with temps in the 90's. Remember when using a fan the humidity will drop. I have both a humidifier and fan blowing during the day to help keep temps down and to keep the humidity up.

Ant: Thank you! I can get pictures for you. Congrats on your first Heli!

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

This is the best I can do without pulling them out. Av's photography skills puts mine to shame lol .

Fancy H. het x minor

Regular H. het x minor with undeveloped nectar spoons

H. 'Tequila' that recovered from heat damage
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice plants! H. 'Tequila' and the genetically different H. heterodoxa x minor look great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful setup Crystal! Nice to know they'll grow in such warm conditions.

Just a thought, why do you shut off the fan and humidifier at night? I got the steeper HL cooling (down to 40*F inside the grow chamber at night in mid winter) by leaving the fan and humidifier running 24/7 and pulling air from the surface of the window. Instead of new lights I'm relatively sure if you had colder temps you could bring out the colors like you want. It seems to be some kind of cold + bright light combo which does it.

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ant, those two are probably my favorites right now.

swords: Thank you! Yes, it really is amazing what conditions some plants can tolerate if acclimated properly. At night the humidity is naturally high. I also hate having to fill up the humidifiers. Running them at night would double the amount I'd have to fill them. What can I say, I'm lazy in some departments . I don't feel the possible temperature drop that I could achieve would really be worth it, then again I've never tested it. I could probably get the temps into the low 60's. It is the cooler temps and bright lighting that brings out the coloring. Due to my temperatures I can't use T5s right now. I hope to be acquiring a basement in the near future though .
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast