Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Few Helis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really urge you to try it for a few weeks and see if they start to color up for you. Since we have pretty much the same lighting setup I'm pretty sure you're good there.

My winter growing succulents begin putting on their crazy winter colors (and pushing out blooms) once the temps drop and stay below 70*F at night.

Is your humidifier on a humidistat or does it run continually when it's on? I used a humidistat set to 80% on my LL and HL chambers and then only had to fill my tanks every two days, sometimes every 3rd day.

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have to buy all new power strips and everything to be able to run it without my lights. It would honestly be too much trouble. Lighting is my main issue with color. I can't keep the sunshine bulbs running long enough to see exactly how colorful they can become with just that one change. By the time I start seeing a hint of color, my fixtures decide to blow the bulbs. I now have everything moved down to the shelf with the new fixtures. All that I have left to do is pick up some more sunshine bulbs.

Yes, my humidifier has to run continually. The shelf it blows into has an exit for the fan to push out the warm air. The humidity never builds up and requires a constant supply.
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    nice plants! H. 'Tequila' and the genetically different H. heterodoxa x minor look great!
    The Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor is not "genetically different" at all; rather, it is insufficient light that causes the nectar spoons to remain undeveloped. If any Heliamphora is grown in low-light conditions, not only will the same thing occur but the shape of the leaves themselves will become attenuated -- even flattened and unrecognizable.

Given sufficient light, the nectar spoons on that plant will not only form but be larger than most other species and hybrids. Here is a shot of a 2009 division from my large plant . . .

Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor (division)
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually Bella that particular H. het x minor is genetically different. It is NOT the typical clone in circulation. Please see Av8tor1's picture on page 2. He has both the genetically different clone and the normal clone; they look nothing alike. Even in my conditions, they look nothing alike.

Crystal
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissytal View Post
    Actually Bella that particular H. het x minor is genetically different. It is NOT the typical clone in circulation. Please see Av8tor1's picture on page 2. He has both the genetically different clone and the normal clone; they look nothing alike. Even in my conditions, they look nothing alike.

Crystal
    Really? The leaves just look attenuated to me. A couple plants that were over-shaded were identical to that . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to get off this forum. Topics like this are making me rabid to get my CP Setup ready, and I don't have any money for it right now! Ugh!
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bella, Av has both clones, grown in the same conditions. They look absolutely nothing alike. My two clones are grown in the same conditions, just one was further from the humiditifer. Mine look nothing alike, it's not due to conditions. They are different clones. I'll see if I can get a picture from him of his 'normal' clone to compare.

Lol NeciFiX, you know the CPs will win in the end .

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Photos used with permission.

Plants under the exact same conditions.

The 'normal' H. het x minor clone:

The 'fancy' H. het x minor clone:

It has been mentioned the 'fancy' (for a lack of a better name) could possibly be a hybrid with the Ptari Tepui variety of heterodoxa seen here: http://wistuba.com/01b021930e071c31f...8f0a7df12.html

The regular clone of heterodoxa is from Gran Sabana

I believe there is a conversation about this somewhere on the ICPS forum.
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay, this turned into a huge heli picture thread!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast