What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter heli flowers

The helis are starting to put out their winter blooms

tatei is in the lead..
tateinflower.jpg

tequila coming in second..
tequilanflower.jpg

historically the minors should be next

Thanks for looking, Ill post more as they develop
Av

Looking great a usual. ;) Haha, that's a nice way to see a flower.

very nice B! how long have you had those 2?

Looking great a usual. ;) Haha, that's a nice way to see a flower.

Still in the womb :p

very nice B! how long have you had those 2?

SK... ummm maybe 3 yrs on the Tequila, (one of the plants that was shown being divided earlier this year) and the tatei... umm guessing 1.5yrs

both are very free flowering and fast growers

and thanks...
Av

very nice man. im jealous.
i need to get me some T5s i guess lol.
cant wait for my spring move back into the GH

Gorgeous!

Hmmm, one of my minor's sent up a stalk several weeks ago (before I snipped it). You need to show us pics of the seed you harvest from all of these flowers... :poke:

you wont need pics mate ;)

Av

Great shots . . . and plants.

I too have the flowers arriving -- first, my H. heterodoxa x minor, and, hopefully next, H. neblinae, H. pulchella, and H. x "Tequila" . . .

beautiful B!! wow!! See if you can make some seed mate. lol!

AV, what are the black areas that got cloned out in that first picture?

AV, what are the black areas that got cloned out in that first picture?

Actually just black cardboard.... but even though it was black, there was still some glare coming from it. Sooooooooooo a little photoshop majic and no more glare

So nothing was cloned out really... just hid the glare

I need to build a proper light box, it would makes things so much easier and get nicer results.... but till then :p

Thanks all for the kind words... :)

Not the best picture in the world, but here's the updated picture of the one plant (rather than create a new topic):

Picture006-3.jpg

Black velvet, make sure to keep the cats off it.

Besides all that, that's a beautiful Heli!

Jim,

well done, good looking plant there mate.... congrats, I know you weren't very confident to begin with

:)

Nectar on the stigma of H. tatei
(There was a larger (relatively speaking) clear drop of it. I just had to taste it... I know, I should have taking pic first but oh well, you can still see it)

tatei_flower.jpg

This flower gave it's life for research :)

Interestingly, I have read reports that H. tatei are not known to produce nectar in cultivation, well....ummm :poke:

there wasnt enough to really taste it, just to see the drop required a magnifying glass LOL

That is like way cool!

Back