Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My first Heli! xTequila

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy,

I pay more attention to humidity than temps, but that doesn't mean I dont' pay attention to them. It gets 20-24 C during the day and 16-19 during the night. I have a bical growing in the same tank off in a corner away from the lights if that tells you anything. The bical is slow presumably due to temps, but it is pitchering. I am working on a large lowland enclosure so this is it's temporary home as it is the area with the highest humidity.

Humidity is usually 70-75% during the day and 90-100% at night.

Man, I can't wait to get some more heli's!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    Jimmy,

I pay more attention to humidity than temps, but that doesn't mean I dont' pay attention to them. It gets 20-24 C during the day and 16-19 during the night. I have a bical growing in the same tank off in a corner away from the lights if that tells you anything. The bical is slow presumably due to temps, but it is pitchering. I am working on a large lowland enclosure so this is it's temporary home as it is the area with the highest humidity.

Humidity is usually 70-75% during the day and 90-100% at night.

sounds like we have the same temps, and night humidity , my day humidity drops a little more than that but just a little, not much below the 70 mark.
    yours is looking great .
    I have a young minor that just started its first adult pitcher , it looks so cool with its little nectar spoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson16 View Post
    Lookin good dashman, great job. My teq just opened its biggest pitcher yet.
    Thanks! I highly recommend a xTequila for any first time heli grower such as myself. It seems to be pretty fast and pretty non-particular about temps. I cannot comment on humidity as I insure it has rather high humidity throughout the day.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post

Dash,
    Ive got something very special for the NASC auction this year...

established adult division from this: http://bluegrasscarnivores.com/may20...uba_hybrid.jpg

Av

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uphwiz View Post
    sounds like we have the same temps, and night humidity , my day humidity drops a little more than that but just a little, not much below the 70 mark.
    yours is looking great .
    I have a young minor that just started its first adult pitcher , it looks so cool with its little nectar spoon.
    Good to hear I may have gotten this right. I did spend alot of time researching them. I try to leave nothing to chance. Must be my software engineering background coming through.

My temps were guesstimates it is entirely possible they swing more than that especially this time of year. I monitored humiity rather closely the first week or so to insure they were within my desired ranges.

I was hoping mine would have a defined nectar spoon. It is pretty flat up top and the moment. Hopefully this is a pubescent thing. Some of the clones of tequila I have seen do not have a very prominent spoon so I may be SOL there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine had several adults when i got it , but slowed down in making the adults ,but is rapidly filling the pot with the juveniles ,
    and the adults do seem to have fairly descent spoons, on mine have to wait and see, when it starts more adults.
    Yours looks very much like mine except they don,t seem to have a spoon , im not sure if the first adults have spoons.
    Av8tor1 will know .
    Av8tor1, you there?LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    Dash,
    Ive got something very special for the NASC auction this year...

established adult division from this: http://bluegrasscarnivores.com/may20...uba_hybrid.jpg

Av
    Wow. Are all of your heli's this red? I need to get some more lights. Mine is very close to the lights and I only manage to get a crimson lining.

That is a beautiful heli. I will definately be bidding on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea what is the NASC and how do i join I wana bid too
    very nice Av8tor1

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast