Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My first Heli! xTequila

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uphwiz View Post
    mine had several adults when i got it , but slowed down in making the adults ,but is rapidly filling the pot with the juveniles ,
    and the adults do seem to have fairly descent spoons, on mine have to wait and see, when it starts more adults.
    Yours looks very much like mine except they don,t seem to have a spoon , im not sure if the first adults have spoons.
    Av8tor1 will know .
    Av8tor1, you there?LOL
    Light level and quality will play a major role in pitcher shape, color and spoon development

Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    Wow. Are all of your heli's this red? I need to get some more lights. Mine is very close to the lights and I only manage to get a crimson lining.

That is a beautiful heli. I will definately be bidding on that.
    Pretty much, some species dont get the dark crimson for me... but over half do

yea what is the NASC and how do i join I wana bid too
    very nice Av8tor1
    Thanks, there will be at least one adult heli in the auction this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea what is the NASC and how do i join I wana bid too
    very nice Av8tor1
    It is hosted by this site and happens in March I think. I missed last years because I didn't frequent this forum until only a few months ago.

I have looked over some of last year stuff and can't wait until this year. Even some of the non-cp stuff looks good. I will look over my collection and see if I can give anything to a good cause. I gave most of my disposable neps to a local conservatory, but I am sure I can find something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks dashman ,can anyone bid ?, ill keep and eye out for the auction.
    sorry not sure about the spoon issue but i'll post a pic of my tequila tomorrow my camera batteries just went out ,
    you can see the difference from then till now (this thread , post#13 )fewer adults now but more juvies, and the spoons on the older adult's.
    Im presently trying to increase my light through Av8tor1's and sword's help , but having to work out some details before i put them in . I think the light is going to help tremendously.
    Av8tor1 has some the best plants I've seen.:
    Check out his thumnail list of plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dashman,
    here are the pics from today the smaller one i seperated a few days back so i hope it survives.
    Last edited by uphwiz; 09-15-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy,

Why did you only remove one growth point Did you take a picture of the plant and its roots before you replanted it You'll need to repot it deeper into the LFSM. If you don't it will not thrive. Your Tequila was grown either under (4) fluorescent 48" bulbs, two cool white and two plant grow bulbs. Or one 65 watt 6500K flood light (65 watt = 500 watt incandescent) I don't remember. Temp range 72F down to 61F at night. Humidity between 70 and 85% by misting for about 5 minutes (8) times in 24 hours.

ccgpro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    think i can remove more. i'll give it a try i only removed enough sphag to get at the one point , im new to this and am afraid of damaging the mother , ill try it if you say, think one or two more, or would you break the whole thing up, i can add more moss to the one i planted though its pretty deep , what do you think up to the point where it starts the bends in the pitchers , i ll try a couple photos if you think its ok to disturb mom further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy,

I try not to repeatedly disturb the mother plant. When you decide to split it up, do it all at once. Have a bowl of R/O water to hold them until you get all the divisions split up. Repot the Mother plant first then the divisions. Look at the original picture you took. Thats the correct depth the plant should be planted. Don't forget to fill the pitchers and flush the pot with R/O water to seat the plant. Then place the pot somewhere it can drain for 10 minutes and put it back in your terrarium.
    Looking at the picture of your first division the plant looks like its so far out of the Sphagnum that its about to topple over. Plant it 3/4 to one inch deeper, you don't want the roots (that) exposed to the air.
    You can always add more LFSM, but adding it now would have only 100% LFSM wrapped around the plant at that point. I feel this would be too wet for the young plant at this stage of its growth.

ccgpro

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast