User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 41

Thread: My first Heli! xTequila

  1. #1
    dashman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    My first Heli! xTequila

    My first Heli. I am glad it was Tequila. It was a little damaged during shipping, but not too badly.

    Seems to be a fast grower. This new pitcher started growing just last week and now this. There is also another growth point emerging out of the moss. There may be one or two more, but I am not going to go rooting through to find out.

    Does anyone know what the lineage is? I can't seem to find any info on it and from what I can tell, it was a fairly secretive cross by EP. Is this still the case?



  2. #2
    Av8tor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,811
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im sure you have seen this, but just in case
    http://pitcherplants.proboards.com/i...ad=5777&page=1

    They are a very robust and hardy plant.... the various clones can be very different in appearance and personality

    HTH's
    Av

  3. #3
    A yellow M&M Jefforever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    over the rainbow (in the U.S.)
    Posts
    1,637
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats.

    Unfortunately I haven't found this a very easy plant to grow. It's even slower than some of my pure species heliamphora.

  4. #4
    dashman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    Im sure you have seen this, but just in case
    http://pitcherplants.proboards.com/i...ad=5777&page=1

    They are a very robust and hardy plant.... the various clones can be very different in appearance and personality

    HTH's
    Av
    I am sure I have, but not since I have aquired one. Thanks for the pics! I have to admit, seeing some of your pics is what sparked my interest in helis.

    I love this one from Geoff. I hope mine forms a necter spoon such as this one day.

    I can't post the URL for this topic from across the pond (33109) so here is the pic.



    ---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    Im sure you have seen this, but just in case

    Oh Wow!

  5. #5
    BigBella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SF, CA
    Posts
    2,972
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    My first Heli. I am glad it was Tequila. It was a little damaged during shipping, but not too badly.

    Seems to be a fast grower. This new pitcher started growing just last week and now this. There is also another growth point emerging out of the moss. There may be one or two more, but I am not going to go rooting through to find out.

    Does anyone know what the lineage is? I can't seem to find any info on it and from what I can tell, it was a fairly secretive cross by EP. Is this still the case?
    The Australian breeders at Exotica Plants have been playing this one close to the vest for several years; and there are some who believe that H. x "Tequila is not an artificial hybrid at all but simply a variant of H. tatei, H. neblinae, or a naturally-occurring hybrid.

    I have seldom seen two plants which looked the same, but I agree with those who consider it simple to cultivate. Mine grows like a weed and flowers every year . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

    -- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

  6. #6
    dashman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I am glad to hear many find it easy to grow. I can't wait to get some more once I let this one grow out a bit to insure I can suit heliamphora's conditions.

    ---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jefforever View Post
    Congrats.

    Unfortunately I haven't found this a very easy plant to grow. It's even slower than some of my pure species heliamphora.
    Sorry to hear that Jeff. I cannot offer any advice unfortunately. Only time will tell if mine will do any better.

  7. #7
    Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    18,768
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This green plant will turn red?


  8. #8
    dashman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the more light you give it, the redder it gets. I suspect Butch uses a mini-fusion reactor for his heli tank.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Heli help!
    By xantius in forum Pitcher Plants: (Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 07:35 AM
  2. Heli Help?
    By alexdietrick in forum Pitcher Plants: (Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 09:58 AM
  3. My best heli
    By Pyro in forum Pitcher Plants: (Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 05:36 PM
  4. Heli rot!
    By fly-catchers in forum Pitcher Plants: (Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 09:53 PM
  5. Maybe heli
    By HellzDungeon in forum Pitcher Plants: (Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •