Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My first Heli! xTequila

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first Heli! xTequila

My first Heli. I am glad it was Tequila. It was a little damaged during shipping, but not too badly.

Seems to be a fast grower. This new pitcher started growing just last week and now this. There is also another growth point emerging out of the moss. There may be one or two more, but I am not going to go rooting through to find out.

Does anyone know what the lineage is? I can't seem to find any info on it and from what I can tell, it was a fairly secretive cross by EP. Is this still the case?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im sure you have seen this, but just in case
    http://pitcherplants.proboards.com/i...ad=5777&page=1

They are a very robust and hardy plant.... the various clones can be very different in appearance and personality

HTH's
    Av

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats.

Unfortunately I haven't found this a very easy plant to grow. It's even slower than some of my pure species heliamphora.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    http://pitcherplants.proboards.com/i...ad=5777&page=1

They are a very robust and hardy plant.... the various clones can be very different in appearance and personality

HTH's
    Av
    I am sure I have, but not since I have aquired one. Thanks for the pics! I have to admit, seeing some of your pics is what sparked my interest in helis.

I love this one from Geoff. I hope mine forms a necter spoon such as this one day.

I can't post the URL for this topic from across the pond (33109) so here is the pic.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post

Oh Wow!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dashman View Post
    My first Heli. I am glad it was Tequila. It was a little damaged during shipping, but not too badly.

Seems to be a fast grower. This new pitcher started growing just last week and now this. There is also another growth point emerging out of the moss. There may be one or two more, but I am not going to go rooting through to find out.

Does anyone know what the lineage is? I can't seem to find any info on it and from what I can tell, it was a fairly secretive cross by EP. Is this still the case?
    The Australian breeders at Exotica Plants have been playing this one close to the vest for several years; and there are some who believe that H. x "Tequila is not an artificial hybrid at all but simply a variant of H. tatei, H. neblinae, or a naturally-occurring hybrid.

I have seldom seen two plants which looked the same, but I agree with those who consider it simple to cultivate. Mine grows like a weed and flowers every year . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I am glad to hear many find it easy to grow. I can't wait to get some more once I let this one grow out a bit to insure I can suit heliamphora's conditions.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jefforever View Post
    Congrats.

Unfortunately I haven't found this a very easy plant to grow. It's even slower than some of my pure species heliamphora.
    Sorry to hear that Jeff. I cannot offer any advice unfortunately. Only time will tell if mine will do any better.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This green plant will turn red?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the more light you give it, the redder it gets. I suspect Butch uses a mini-fusion reactor for his heli tank.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast