Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dormancy 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    You threw it away? You should have left it in the water tray or stuck it in your mom's garden as an experiment.
    Oh, maybe, if I thought of that. :x Well, what's been done is done. And if I had left it in the tray, it could've taken a lot of space in the tray. Either way, my S. leucos make divisions like crazy, there are lot more where that came from. I basically have to weed them now. I'll keep that idea in mind, though.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Plants Are Doing Pretty Good, I had them inside(Garage) since Mid-November, Still Have Green Shoots and Phllodiaya(I have no clue how to spell it right now.) and I am Going through my first dormancy where there are more than 1 Plants alive within the first week of dormancy. My capensis had a flower stalk, it's in Suspended animation, I'm Not sure if i want to cut it off. My purpurea is the only one potted still outdoors(Other than mulched bog) in the 23 degree range overnight(sometimes more than 35), i hope to have many flowers this coming year, and i hope to bring them out early March and get tons more this year.(Which will leave me broke with my CP fund in the First Day Like Last Year)(wish i was 15)
    Edit: My Lady Bug Is Still Sending Out New Pitchers, So I Know Thats Alive for sure
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had about a dozen first-year Sarra seedlings that I just put in a greenhouse, but I don't think they survived being in the garage for a month. I think they were frozen too long. Oh well, at least it was only 12. I will be putting my 2-year-old seedlings in the greenhouse either tonight or tomorrow. They've been in the garage since thanksgiving-ish, and pretty much frozen for that time. Had kind of a mini-thaw the week prior to christmas, where it was above freezing in the garage, but not enough to completely thaw them out. They all appear to still be alive, so hopefully they start sending new growth up in a couple of weeks. My mature plants are in lg. mini-bogs and impossible to transport to the greenhouse, so they'll stay in the garage for 3 more months. It's not an ideal situation for them, but I only had 1 year where I suffered losses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dormant plants are in the window sill. I have check on them virtually every night to make sure they haven't frozen into a solid block, as I had found happened to my VFT. It doesn't look like it killed it; however, I have to be careful with my dormant ping which I know is not so frost tolerant.

Chicago gets VERY cold.

-Hermes.
    "The grass withers, the flower fades. But the word of our God stands forever." (Isaiah 40:8)

My Grow List Updated Oct 22/2010.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I let all my Sarracenia and Dionaea freeze solid every year outside in New Hampshire. They come back bigger and better every spring ! Photos in April...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is this a cross of s minor i like the hoods, they're much more pronounced than mine.
    almost looks like darlingtonia with out the forked tongue.
    yours..
    mine.
    ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is this a cross of s minor i like the hoods, they're much more pronounced than mine.
    almost looks like darlingtonia with out the forked tongue.
    yours.
    mine.
    ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently did a massive trimming of all my Sarrs, VFTs, and my D. filiformis. They really needed it! It was like giving them a haircut. I leave any healthy foliage, though.

When trimming off 'Judith Hindle' pitchers, I realized how clumped the plants really were. There was pitchers in the center of the clumps that were extremely pale and green. No red coloration at all, it was like they never saw the light of day. I'm really looking forward to dividing them later in the winter.
    -Joel from Southern California

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast