Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dormancy 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sign for me to move my plants outside was when my flavas started to send up buds. I always waited for them and there were no windows in the garage. They always started in the dark. There were plenty of days in March/April when the sun would heat up the garage to 50/60 F. I would always try to open the garage door (if I was home) to cool it back down. This worked for me for many years and my plants never suffered. I never wanted to take them out too early and worry about frost because once I moved them…that was it. I had too many plants to keep moving them in and out. The photo below is of a shot in Michigan some years back. This was the pot I always waited for before taking everything out of the garage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred P View Post
    The sign for me to move my plants outside was when my flavas started to send up buds. I always waited for them and there were no windows in the garage. They always started in the dark. There were plenty of days in March/April when the sun would heat up the garage to 50/60 F. I would always try to open the garage door (if I was home) to cool it back down. This worked for me for many years and my plants never suffered. I never wanted to take them out too early and worry about frost because once I moved them…that was it. I had too many plants to keep moving them in and out. The photo below is of a shot in Michigan some years back. This was the pot I always waited for before taking everything out of the garage.

Nice flavas. Assuming this snow wont melt soon, ill have to wait till may(although i hope it does, and if it doesnt by march 15, Snow meet blowtorch)
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...row-Trade-List
    Collection: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...-Deadly-Plantsn
    Quote Originally Posted by lizasaur
    Minor x Purp I actually have. Well,technically it's Minor Okee x Psitt Green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still incredibly jealous of you warmer-zone growers, the only thing here breaking dormancy are my temperate dews, i can see that some of my sarrs will definitely be flowering....other than that its tulips and daffodils coming up now....and hyacinth. no sarrs or flytraps yet....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    still incredibly jealous of you warmer-zone growers, the only thing here breaking dormancy are my temperate dews, i can see that some of my sarrs will definitely be flowering....other than that its tulips and daffodils coming up now....and hyacinth. no sarrs or flytraps yet....
    I know Kris. Now that i'm out in CA, things wake up pretty early. Almost all of my sarrs are sending up buds already. That photo above was taken in the month of June in Michigan. I had to wait that long to get nice leaves. Now, I get them in March and April.

Here is the same plant the very next spring (In Michigan, May 15th) about 3 or 4 weeks after coming out of the garage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here it's still snowing so I have a little ways to go before I can put the plants out again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fred....That picture is sickening to see right now...I'm about to take the flamethrower to this snow.
    BTW let me know what real estate goes for down there, I think I've found my next location to move to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred P View Post

I hate you.

(kidding of course)
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys (and ladies), don't forget the photos above were taken in Michigan 8 years ago in the months of May and June. My plants here in CA are not that far along (however many of them have 3 inch flower stalks).

And Yann, the real estate here is crazy. CA is in their own bubble of unrealism.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast