What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia Location Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know for a fact you have Sarracenia purpurea in Washington.

i think the Sarracenia in Washington were introduced, so I don't think they would've encountered any back in the day, and the rest of their route would've been Sarracenia-free.

i dont think it would be entirely impossible for purpurea to be natural here, we are huge on bogland.....i know that flava and leucophylla have been introduced here as well as various drosera...and VFT as well in a couple of parts...also darlingtonia......

What a coinkidink, I'm also doing a project on Lewis & Clark. Except I have to make a board game, lol.

I have to write a 3 page journal, flora&fauna, Native person, and a sketch of the topography. Fun..

Board game is SOOO boring ],: I'd rather do the board game T_T

i dont think it would be entirely impossible for purpurea to be natural here, we are huge on bogland.....i know that flava and leucophylla have been introduced here as well as various drosera...and VFT as well in a couple of parts...also darlingtonia......

Actually, it is entirely impossible for purpurea to be native to Washington state..
because its a known fact that it isnt..

Scot

Maybe during the Lewis and Clark expedition the plants were taken to Washington and planted, so in a way they were there when the expedition was. Actually don't listen to me... you'll get a bad grade.

Maybe during the Lewis and Clark expedition the plants were taken to Washington and planted, so in a way they were there when the expedition was. Actually don't listen to me... you'll get a bad grade.

it is SO unlikely that Lewis & clark would be carrying Sarracenia seeds to Washington state, that its probably statistically zero percent.

I have heard of L&C collecting unusual plants and sending them back east,
but I have never heard of them carrying any plants or seeds westward..
and even if they did, why would they possibly choose something as obscure as sarracenia seeds?? there are about a million more likely plants they would choose first..if they even did it at all..which they probably didnt.

so yeah..im saying zero percent chance.. ;)

Scot

You sure are the most close minded person on this forum i believe. WHY is it impossible for purpurea to be native here? things like this happen all the time with plants being native to an area but not being native to any area around it, but rather a fair distance from it....L&C might not have brought the seeds here, but who says a bird or something did not dispose of the seeds here hundreds of years ago? IMO if there is no human intervention, its natural. So if its animal related, i would still say native rather than introduced. pupurea extends very far into canada, it could easily withstand washington climate, and thrive even. And with our sphagnum bogs, who knows?

All i know is, and i will not continue this argument after i state this, but every time i see one of your posts, and as ive said before, its generally something negative or rude or meant to shoot down the other person into the dust.....i get a little tired of it personally, atleast its not as bad as rainforests BE rants....

Im out, better things to do....

Good luck with your project Halt.

You sure are the most close minded person on this forum i believe. WHY is it impossible for purpurea to be native here? things like this happen all the time with plants being native to an area but not being native to any area around it, but rather a fair distance from it....L&C might not have brought the seeds here, but who says a bird or something did not dispose of the seeds here hundreds of years ago? IMO if there is no human intervention, its natural. So if its animal related, i would still say native rather than introduced. pupurea extends very far into canada, it could easily withstand washington climate, and thrive even. And with our sphagnum bogs, who knows?

All i know is, and i will not continue this argument after i state this, but every time i see one of your posts, and as ive said before, its generally something negative or rude or meant to shoot down the other person into the dust.....i get a little tired of it personally, atleast its not as bad as rainforests BE rants....

Im out, better things to do....

Good luck with your project Halt.

It has nothing to do with being close minded..
its simply not a matter of opinion..

I think Sarracenia are not native to Washington state for the same reason I think water is wet and the sun is hot..
its just a known fact..

and you have no reason to be offended by facts..
if you are, maybe you need to lighten up a bit.. ???
just a thought..

here is my big offensive post:

Actually, it is entirely impossible for purpurea to be native to Washington state..
because its a known fact that it isnt..

Scot

hmmm..wow..yeah, thats really mean and offensive..
I can see why you would be so upset.
icon-rolleyes.gif

Scot

It has nothing to do with being close minded..
its simply not a matter of opinion..

I think Sarracenia are not native to Washington state for the same reason I think water is wet and the sun is hot..
its just a known fact..

and you have no reason to be offended by facts..
if you are, maybe you need to lighten up a bit.. ???
just a thought..

here is my big offensive post:

hmmm..wow..yeah, thats really mean and offensive..
I can see why you would be so upset.
icon-rolleyes.gif

Scot

I agree with Kris. And he doesn't sound offended to me...

I recall you shooting down my post about sarrs not needing a cold dormancy, haha.

im not offended, but i dont agree that you should tell people that they are point blank flat out wrong. i think its quite rude to be honest, i believe the simple, that is incorrect based on facts or something similar is what really should have been said

im not offended, but i dont agree that you should tell people that they are point blank flat out wrong. i think its quite rude to be honest, i believe the simple, that is incorrect based on facts or something similar is what really should have been said

icon-blah.gif

"Venus Fly Traps might be native to Australia."

"No they arent."

"Thats your opinion..you could be wrong..you are a big jerk for yelling at me and telling me im wrong..im entitled to my opinion too! you always think you know more than anyone else..what makes you so right all the time? wahhhh.."

:slap:

Scot

icon-blah.gif

"Venus Fly Traps might be native to Australia."

"No they arent."

"Thats your opinion..you could be wrong..you are a big jerk for yelling at me and telling me im wrong..im entitled to my opinion too! you always think you know more than anyone else..what makes you so right all the time? wahhhh.."

:slap:

Scot

...Again, the way you respond is rude, with the "blahblahblah" smiley and the slapping smiley...Plus, that's a poor example as the statement is just completely illogical compared to others that are made and that you contradict... > >

Lalalalala. Why does this always happen to my topics ?

-Locked-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back