What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a few Heliamphora flowers

some new, some old
tequilaflowercloseup.jpg

tequlia_flower.jpg

heligivingbirth.jpg

tateinflower.jpg

tequilanflower.jpg

tatei_flower.jpg

tatei_flowers.jpg

H. pulcella's pitchers are not their only hirsute feature
pulcella_flower.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Av

nice flowers! You must have a good set up to get all those flowers!

Wow, amazing colors as always Butch. Very impressive. Can't wait to expand my collection and setup so I add this wonderful species!

Awesome!

Beautiful plants, flowers, and pictures! Great work, LOVIN IT! :)
Andrew

those plants are stunning

Great photos! Your photography and plants are, as always, stunning!

-Hermes.

Great work as always Av, your an inspiration to us all. Thank you for sharing

Incredibly beautiful!

Interesting hairy scape on the pulchella! My only blooming plants have so far shown bare scapes. They're blooming at about 2" tall with only a few adult pitchers, so maybe they just haven't hit puberty yet haha

Thanks for the very kind words all,

jrod, I think its one of the defining characteristics of H. pulcella, here is a quote from A. Fleischmann after an expedition to the tepuis in 2009

"...The nodding flowers of H. pulchella consist of four (rarely five) tepals. The inflorescence scape and pedicel are always densely pubescent. This is another good character to distinguish it from H. minor (which has a glabrous scape, just the pedicels are pubescent, too)..."

Av

But the heli waters are so muddy IMHO

Looking good, Av!

Have you been crossing any of those flowers?

It would be fascinating to see if H. 'Tequila' would produce fertile seed, with the "Heli-waters" as muddy as they seem... ;) :)

Brian.

Im going to try self'ing a tequila, my dark red tequila is also currently in bloom
and I'd like to try pulcella x tequila, or tequila x pulcella

Av

Back