What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I stopped counting at 253 and there are still more emerging. It's finally warming up here. :)

BTW Joosa and Yann, my Judith Hindle is being sluggish this year too. I divided it a few months ago and it's currently in a big 15inch ceramic pot with only 3 buds showing so far. Go figure....

Judith Hindle was my first Sarr like many, but I purchased it from a Death Cube at Lowes. I wonder since these plants are from TC, if that affects how readily they will flower?

253.. That might be a new record ;) Let's see if anyone can top that!

2 more from the alata, so now a total of 6. :>

I stopped counting at 253 and there are still more emerging. It's finally warming up here. :)

BTW Joosa and Yann, my Judith Hindle is being sluggish this year too. I divided it a few months ago and it's currently in a big 15inch ceramic pot with only 3 buds showing so far. Go figure....

253... decent. :-O

251 for me - including this oddball: A two headed S. rubra gulfensis:

mar2010-sarra2fh01.jpg

mar2010-sarra2fh02.jpg

Does it count as one or two? ;)

I was able to get to my friends greenhouse to repot some sarracenia and divide some. Noted 2 flowering at this time 1-flava and 1-love bug. Unfortounatly I dont think I will be able to get back in time to cross pollinate if able.

I'm no expert but I would count the double flower as three.

No kidding. ;)

Brokken: Ooh, now that's something different :) Do keep us posted on the flowers, if they develop properly

I would definitely count that as two (at least) Brokken.

I’m at 264 and counting…..

Flava
1002550601x800.jpg

‘Leah Wilkerson’
1002556601x800.jpg

“Bud Wilkerson”
1002557601x800.jpg

Oops, how’d this get in here??
1002560601x800.jpg

Purp “Big Mamma” or at least this is supposed to be. I just acquired this a month ago. Does anyone have one and do you know if its suppose to have white petals because these are clearly white? Or is this the cream flower variety of Rosea?
1002565800x601.jpg

7 alata, 2 leuco 'Tarnok', and 1 unknown so far...

10 in total. :3

Big Mamma I believe is a rosea - though I can't say that I've ever seen a flower so light in color. Nice! :)

As Brokken said Fred, I also believe "Big mamma" is a purp var. burkeii. Maybe the petals will color up a bit more with some sun light??? It would be nice to have descriptions of the plant when people attempt to create a cultivar. Keep us updated on it's development!

Finally got a chance to go out and count: 12!

hummer's hammerhead: 1
purp venosa: 1
flava rubricorpora: 1
minor: 2
alata: 1
leuco: 1
unknown: 2
rubra wherryi: 1
purp purp hetero: 1
jonesii green: 1

Finally got a chance to go out and count: 12!

hummer's hammerhead: 1
purp venosa: 1
flava rubricorpora: 1
minor: 2
alata: 1
leuco: 1
unknown: 2
rubra wherryi: 1
purp purp hetero: 1
jonesii green: 1

Hmmm, I smell an antho-free x chelsonii (purp x rubra subsp.) Will you be crossing those?

Big Mamma I believe is a rosea - though I can't say that I've ever seen a flower so light in color. Nice! :)

As Brokken said Fred, I also believe "Big mamma" is a purp var. burkeii. Maybe the petals will color up a bit more with some sun light??? It would be nice to have descriptions of the plant when people attempt to create a cultivar. Keep us updated on it's development!

I agree that its a type of Rosea, I was just wondering if it's the "cream" flower variety. I don't think I've ever seen a flower from a "Big Mamma" before and I was wondering if anyone else had. It is in the sun Yann and it's opening up today but still very white. I'll post another pic in a day or two.

aaaaand im still waiting for flower buds to pop but i can tell which ones will be flowering atleast.

flava var. maxima x flava var. cuprea ?
flowersmarch2010014.jpg

leucophylla "tarnok"
flowersmarch2010012.jpg

leucophylla x rubra ssp. gulfensis (the leaves smell like rubra flowers!)
flowersmarch2010005.jpg

flava
flowersmarch2010001.jpg

Hmmm, I smell an antho-free x chelsonii (purp x rubra subsp.) Will you be crossing those?

I could try? I've never had Sarrs before, so I've never done this pollination thing. Mostly I've decided to try to see if they'll just...self pollinate, or if the wee critters here in San Diego know what to do with Sarr flowers. ...long winded, I could try if you'd like me to :-D

Update!

I have:
1 S. oreophila bud... no wonder it's only woken up now! :)
1 S. rubra gulfensis bud... it's almost open!
1 S. jonesii bud... I plan to make some pure jonesii seed with this one.
1 S. 'Hummer's Hammerhead' bud... I knew Andrew's plants were too good to be true!

I am going to be making some pure oreophila seed with Frilleon and pure jonesii seed with cp-connection if all goes well.

I found my first bud yesterday evening on my Flava Copper Top. I'm pretty excited. We had a light frost last night, so hopefully it won't die off. I'll need to watch for that more closely, you can never tell what the weater will throw at you here in Cleveland! The spring bulbs all look fine though, I would imagine Sarracenia to be just as hardy.

Back