What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. rosea 'luteola' seedling

Germinated in December. These have been more vigorous than I anticipated!
P3301051.jpg

That's a 3 month old seedling?!

INCREDIBLE! If it were any more vigorous, it'd be flowering.

woah! I mature pitcher already!!

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

do you have it under 24 hour lighting or something?

This is 3 months? wow, what in the world are you doing right? By next year you should have flowers on that sucker!

Wow, impressive! Looks like your gonna have yourself an entirely tubby pitchered S. rosea pretty soon!

How much light is this plant getting? (distance from lights, number of lights, specifics of the light type(s)?)

Woodnative, I only have one surviving rosea f. luteola seedling from you! How in the world did you get yours so big? o_O

Mine happens to be working on its second pitcher... and it germinated in November. :p

Perhaps S. rosea are more vigorous than other Sarracenia. The "Crestview, FL" seeds I germinated in February are already larger than my year and half old var montana seedlings.

Are you sure that didn't sprout in Dec of '08?? Nice! :)

Thanks for the compliments!! This form seems to give some people headaches. My feeling is that there is imbreeding depression in some clones. The first plant I received of this, a few years back, croaked. I was lucky enough to receive two more young plants, of equal size. One took off, the other has hardly grown. The larger flowered and set seed last season, and the above is one of a batch of seedlings I grew. The plant in the photo is one of the largest, but they are all growing well.
Ant- they are about a foot or so away from a regular 4-foot shop light with regular cw fluorescent bulbs. This has worked well for me.

Fantastic!

Last edited:
Back