What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've got a lot of sarracenia - 109 different varieties

I have 109 different varieties of sarracenia. I just got through inventorying all my plants and organizing them outside in alphabetical order so I could find them easier. I'm not done collecting, either! There are still some that I want to get.

It helps that sarracenia are very easy to hybridize and cultivar. ;)

lol, why the mad face swampdonkey?

That's more varieties than Baskin Robbins has flavors!

That's more varieties than the Bible's got Psalms...

SD: BUSTED! that's what you get for not reading your bible religiously!

Ok, so perhaps I exaggerated a bit to stress the abundance of Sarrs being flaunted plus it allowed for a randon House of Pain lyric to be used.

Feel free to sing along:

Word to your moms I came to drop bombs
I got more rhymes than the bible's got psalms
And just like the Prodigal Son I've returned
Anyone stepping to me you'll get burned
Cause I got lyrics and you ain't got none
So if you come to battle bring a shotgun
But if you do you're a fool, cause I duel to the death
Try and step to me you'll take your last breath
I gots the skill, come get your fill
Cause when I shoot ta give, I shoot to kill​

abundance of Sarrs being flaunted

LOL, it really doesn't look like much. They don't take up too much room. Some flower stalks are finally starting to go up and some pitchers, but it still doesn't look like much yet. I can't wait to see them in August!

I just looked at your grow list, sarracenia, and you have some that I don't have. MUST...... TRADE.......

I just looked at your grow list, sarracenia, and you have some that I don't have. MUST...... TRADE.......

i'd love to...sadly, i divided and traded off pretty much everything i could already. definitely next year...

Nice collection indeed! I am currently on a tear to collect location specific plants.

Back