What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H.nutans and darlingtonia pic

thez_yo

instigator
They're still babies, but I'm proud of the the fact that they're still alive:

when I bought it last december:

now:

P4120029.jpg

I mist my heli every morning before I go to work. It gets the most attention of any of the plants. I'm waiting on a heteroXionasii from Europe too which will hopefully be as easy a grower.

And my cobra putting up new cobras:
P4120028.jpg

Well done thez, nice growth on the nutan....

;)

Very nice color on that Darlingtonia, are the entire pitchers deep red like that? if so, amazing :)

Thanks, and it actually should be that deep red because it's still a baby (they're red when small) and in the burning San Diego sun.

how do you take care of the darlingtonia thez yo? Mine died but am like 3 hours north were u live it was in the sun until it got shocked by heat waves

Well, I got it this winter so I have yet to see if it'll take the Aug-Oct heat without kicking the bucket. I figure by getting it now, it has a good running start. If it looks like it's getting too much heat, it is in a gigantic pot of lfs : perlite, so I'll probably just dump a couple cubes of ice around the edges in the mornings. Or I'll give it away :-))

Back