Thread: heli water filling question

San Diego, USA
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

heli water filling question

For all the Heli people: My Heli minor that looks like it has mature pitchers doesn't hold water. I fill the pitchers with water and it drains away immediately or in a couple minutes, and that's definitely not evaporation. Is it because the pitchers are only about an inch tall? I can take a picture of it again if you want me to, but I did post a H.minor thread.

I ask because I shoved a mosquito (that I killed, the little devil) into one of my pitchers and I'm not sure if I can leave a moist bug stuck to the walls of the pitcher without sitting in water, without turning the pitcher brown.

SF, CA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    H. minor possesses a drainage slit that regulates the amount of water (to avoid flooding in rain) within the pitcher. There is fluid in there, enough for the small plant's purposes . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei