What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

troubled ceph

I let my ceph dry out a little too much between waterings and its looking like the leaves are not smooth anymore, and they are very limp and kinda bumpy looking like its starting to wilt.. I immediately watered it and put it back on the windowsill hoping it will revive but its been a few days and it looks the same. it's not turning yellow yet which hopefully is a good sign

is it just in shock, or is it dead?

I was thinking about putting a small clear plastic hot sauce type container over the top of it to give it lots of humidity (typically 30% in its location) but i thought that might restrict airflow and could cause it to rot?

should I just let it ride out and see if it recovers?

If there's green, there's hope . . .

You've got to understand, that in the wild, many Western Australian areas are almost annually scoured by forest fires -- and, yet, Cephalotus manages to survive, due to part, to its often deep rhizome. If that is intact, your plant should be fine . . .

Put in in a shallow tray and you should be fine . . .

you wouldnt advise the clear cup or hot sauce cup over the top for humidity?

you wouldnt advise the clear cup or hot sauce cup over the top for humidity?

I would let the plant ventilate a bit; covering it would promote fungal problems. . .

BigBella If there's green, there's hope . . .

hey bigbella if the leaves go yellow becouse of underwatering but the pitchers are ok. does this mean that the plant is still ok or is this bad news?

If the pitchers are OK, the plant should be fine; had it been going irrevocably downhill, they too would suffer . . .

Back