What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Late season this year for the sarrs

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
Still no signs of growth from my outdoor sarrs. Not a one! No new growth at all, no flower buds, nothing. I checked the rhizome on one, and sure enough it's alive. My outdoor vfts are still asleep also. We had a couple weeks of warm weather into the 70's, I thought that would do it. Guess not. And, it snowed again last night, so I'm sure that will delay them again :poke:

Still no signs of growth from my outdoor sarrs. Not a one! No new growth at all, no flower buds, nothing. I checked the rhizome on one, and sure enough it's alive. My outdoor vfts are still asleep also. We had a couple weeks of warm weather into the 70's, I thought that would do it. Guess not. And, it snowed again last night, so I'm sure that will delay them again :poke:

I hear ya. I'm not as far behind as you are, but mine are pretty slow. We've been having unusually cool weather where I live, and the Sarrs are way behind compared to last year.

Same here..I got nothing..
a few flower buds just starting to push up, but thats it..

My plants have been outside since early March this year, because its been unusually warm.
but growth is very slow because its been so cold..

Scot

Hey scotty what kind of sarr is that in your avatar? That's a beauty.

The Sarrs I woke up in the house are all up and my S. Minor has a flower. Some others I put outside are doing nothing so far.

I have no open pitchers yet, the only thing that's promising is a S. flava var. atropurpurea flower that should take another week to open. Slow season, I guess :p

I just sell all my old sarrs when they don't grow back, and then just get new ones. ;P
Not really.
Did you try putting them inside in a warm spot under growlights for a few days?

Also slow here in CO. Our weather is much like yours in Salt Lake. I have sarrs sending up bloom stalks, but no pitchers yet either. VFTs look healthy, but not growing yet either. In my experience, we need daytime temps in the 80s here to get the CPs going. Today's highs were only in the 50s.

Back