What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Hummer's Giant" . . .

Here is a shot of one of my older plants, sending up its first flower stalk of 2010. This year, for whatever reason, flowering among my Cephalotus plants began either in late Winter or is just beginning in others -- even those of the same age, grown side by side. The have all usually bloomed simultaneously in the past . . .

Cephalotus follicularis cv. "Hummer's Giant"
CFHG-3.jpg

Nice looking plant. There's a bit of a perspective thing going on in the picture, making it a little difficult to judge the pitcher size - what size is the largest?

Nice looking plant. There's a bit of a perspective thing going on in the picture, making it a little difficult to judge the pitcher size - what size is the largest?

The largest pitcher is 7.7 cm (3") long and a new crop is coming in soon . . .

Thats a very nice Hummers giant there. Nice to see that its flowering.

You are the ceph master, lol.

Hey, I'm gonna be in the SF area on July 4th-July 8th (?) I think.

Thanks all . . .

Just keep them watered, not waterlogged (with a quick-draining compost); provide some shading -- and you're good to go . . .

How old is that plant, rough idea is fine. I am really interested in getting one and trying to grow them. I am just wondering what the time line is for it to start to look at nice as yours.

LOL! Looks like it needs a bigger pot.

Back