What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia images....

There is a local Sarracenia grower that I've been fortunate enough to befriend and have started spending 2-3 days/month volunteering. These images were taken yesterday. I've dumbed down the resolution to make loading easier. Should you like to see a larger sized version, let me know. These images were taken in three of his main greenhouses.

Enjoy....

DSC_0880.jpg

DSC_0883.jpg

DSC_0884.jpg

DSC_0886.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

DSC_0888.jpg

DSC_0890.jpg

DSC_0891.jpg

DSC_0892.jpg

DSC_0893.jpg

DSC_0894.jpg

DSC_0895.jpg

DSC_0896.jpg

DSC_0897.jpg

DSC_0898.jpg

DSC_0899.jpg

DSC_0900.jpg

DSC_0902.jpg

DSC_0903.jpg

DSC_0905.jpg

DSC_0907.jpg

DSC_0908.jpg

DSC_0909.jpg

DSC_0910.jpg

DSC_0911.jpg

I like the last one that looks like an antho-free catesbaei.

I wish I could volunteer for someone like that! o.o

your very lucky to have a friend that is in the same hobby as you congrats

This is........

This is awesome. I can't believe my eyes.

Always nice to see someone growing something worthwhile!
Nice Pics!

Well taken pics and my regards to you and your friend on the gorgeous plants!

Scott...next time you go up, you have to let me know, i must...join you o.o XD

wow awesome gh of sarrs. Just out of curiosity, what does the owner do with seeds produced from all of those flowers? Most likely being cross-pollinated, I can't imagine how to figure out what is what and more importantly what is done with them....

Lots of great sarrs in that collection. Is this a personal collection for hobby or for sales?

Incredible! I get the impression he sows a lot of hybrid seeds and leaves them to do their thing!

Echoing what everyone else has said.....FANTASTIC!! Nice variety of Sarrs!

about the 11th pic down, it looks like the tag says "Fat Bastard" - love the name!

awesome shots, btw. what an enviable place.

is it Jerry A.'s place?

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what does the owner do with seeds produced from all of those flowers? Most likely being cross-pollinated

He creates >200 crosses per season and those I believe are the only seeds that are sown.

Is this a personal collection for hobby or for sales?

Not sure hobby is the correct term...addiction is far more fitting. Some sales but they are minimal due to choice.

about the 11th pic down, it looks like the tag says "Fat Bastard" - love the name! awesome shots, btw. what an enviable place. is it Jerry A.'s place?

Yes, "Fat Bastard" is a stunning plant. Catches my eye every time I walk past it. The image does not do its size justice. You are correct, it is Jerry's place. He's an amazing grower and one of the kindest individuals I've met. It's a thrill each time I'm able to visit.

Last edited:
It would be pointless to repeat the oohs and aahs, but of course I must: WOW what a collection!

Every one of those pics are droolworthy :drool:

That red catesbaei looking one 2 above "fat bastard" reminds me of a vacuum cleaner. :)

Wow, that's amazing. Living so much farther north my plants are just starting to "wake up."

Back