Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first Heliamphor!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are always exceptions to the rule of course.... but mine complain anytime the temps start to approach 80F.
    AW has recommend a 77F max in some of his writings. There also seems to be a correlation to an increase in susceptibility to phytopathogen attack at elevated temps. I'm not sure if this is due to less favorable conditions for the plant, more favorable conditions for the pathogen or (even more probable) a combination of both
    From my personal experiences, I agree with 77F number. They definitely can be grown at higher temps, but the failure rate is greatly increased.

Av

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Butch said . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm worried about my own helis living in such a hot, wet environment...no rotting yet, but I do drain them of water every week or so (by evaporation or just tilting the terra) before getting submerged again with a watering in their terra. It gets really really roasting in a terra in the sun...I end up having to fan my plants during the day and mist them down at the end of the day when it gets really sunny. They're covered in water and sit in a water reservoir to keep the roots cool (the water cools down at night), which seems to be sorta-working.

I just lost a bunch of pitchers due to overfeeding or something too..oops. Don't worry - try again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12