What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few Heliamphora

Hi,
Here are a few of my Heliamphora- more to follow:

DSCF6557.jpg

H. neblinae (Cerro Neblina)

DSCF6559.jpg

H. neblinae (Cerro Neblina)

DSCF6563.jpg

H. sp. 'Tramen' 1960's

DSCF6564.jpg

H. sp. 'Tramen' 1960's

DSCF6562.jpg

H. sp. 'Tramen' 1960's

DSCF6566.jpg

H. heterodoxa x ionasii

DSCF6571.jpg

H. tatei (Cerro Huachamachari)

DSCF6572.jpg

H. tatei (Cerro Huachamachari)

DSCF6573.jpg

H. ionasii (Ilu Tepui)

DSCF6575.jpg

H. chimantensis (Chimanta)

DSCF6574.jpg

H. chimantensis (Chimanta)

cheers

bill

Stunning plants Bill, they are all nice but man that H. tatei (Cerro Huachamachari) is botanical garden quality :)

Butch

Beautiful plants, Bill . . .

Are you also growing them outside or were they simply there for photography?

:0o: dang those Helis love you..

Great job growing them!

Now I see the stem that Tatei is known to produce. It almost looks like a cross between a pitcher plant and a bromeliad.

Btw, did you know that Tatei has been discovered to produce digestive enzymes?

Those are all great. Whatever you are doing they like it. What humidity ranges are you keeping them in?

This photos make me want a green house so bad, wow very nice plants bill

-Drew

Oooooh..... especially the flowers.

fantastic Bill. WOW!!!

Hi
Thanks for all the kind words :)
BigBella- I keep my plants in a greenhouse and just took them outside for photographing. But will try a couple of nutans outside for the summer. Alas its far too cold to try leaving any out all year round.

Nightsky- not sure what the humidity is as I don't have a meter. But I don't try to raise it above what it might be in a fully open greenhouse (in the summer) which has bubble wrap on the glass which diffuses the sunlight somewhat.

I am please how the tatei has done as wistuba stopped selling that particular clone saying it was too weak and failed to grow well!

cheers

bill

Wow, great growing Bill! Makes me want to move some of my Helis out of the terrarium and put them in the greenhouse.

Back