What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a heli and a ceph

jbradt

stretch.... yawn...
Thought I'd put up pics... I've had both these guys for less than 2 months, but they seem to be showing new growth and settling in well.

Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor
heli.JPG

heli1.JPG

Cephalotus follicularis
ceph.JPG

ceph_top.JPG

Nice plants. H.heterodoxa x minor is a nice, fast and easy growing plant.

(EC) -Drew

ceph's are my favorite cp'c, I think they know it too, they do pretty good for me.
you got a couple of nice additions, there:bigthumpup:

I like the Ceph, especially!

I love the Ceph! Take some more pics, I bet we'd all love to see more.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

A couple of updated pics. Both still seem to be growing well!

heli_infl.JPG

ceph_72910.JPG

ceph2_72910.JPG

Nice plants. H.heterodoxa x minor is a nice, fast and easy growing plant.

(EC) -Drew
Heliamphora x [heterodoxa x ionasii] is another easy one. I grow mine on my kitchen windowsill.

Heliamphora x [heterodoxa x ionasii] is another easy one. I grow mine on my kitchen windowsill.

If you ever have an extra division to get rid of... I bet I could help!:-O

If you ever have an extra division to get rid of... I bet I could help!:-O
Unfortunately, we are in different countries so that wouldn't be possible... without paying a fortune in paperwork.

Coincidentally, my experiment to grow both Tequila & Hummer outside failed miserably. I should never have taken them outside!

Coincidentally, my experiment to grow both Tequila & Hummer outside failed miserably. I should never have taken them outside!
Can't speak for the outside Heli's but I grow 2-6 Cephs outside each spring/summer/fall here in NJ. The only issue I've ever had has been trying to short-cut the acclimation process ....

Still lookin good Jb!

Can't speak for the outside Heli's but I grow 2-6 Cephs outside each spring/summer/fall here in NJ. The only issue I've ever had has been trying to short-cut the acclimation process ....

My issue was having them in LFS, which the birds "borrowed". The result was having the plants uprooted and relocated or destroyed. The D. macarantha tubers & 'Hummer' are just plain MIA. The Heli just slowly died. The only ones surviving were the Darlingtonia.

Back