What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
Somebody wanted minibogs pics so here you go:

My favorite one with minor, Judith Hindle, flava rubricorpora, u.bisquamata to keep the peat down, Cobra's Nest, and some purpurea that might be a burkei but nobody's sure (cuz it's got a fat lip).
P7170006.jpg

Green in front (like, antho-free :banana2: lemme know about antho free minor or flava you know about ;)) and in the back, random bulk-order Sarras with some sundew multifida or something on the left (more than just binata) with a purp montana and a psittXminor okee hiding in there.
P7170005.jpg

And the one I like the least and want to give away ('cept for the big oreo and the leuco):
P7170004.jpg

The vft minibog for kicks - it has a D.intermediaXcapillaris in there too for fun:
P7170003.jpg

And the mini minibog that will get upgraded to just minibog like the other Sarras this winter w/up-periscope, umlauftiana, rubra wherryi, flava semi-dwarf black veins & hummer's hammerhead:
P7170002.jpg

And here's a shot of the 4 big ones:
P7170001.jpg

...and an H.minor (with dubia pitcher on left and macrophylla pitcher on right):
P7170008.jpg

And the rest of the Helis (one on the left w/big glass plate on top for humidity b/c they're all new as of this week):
P7170007.jpg

(Helis are inside now because it's getting to be 90F outside during the day lately.)

Your Helis are outstanding!

Awesome collection of beautifull Sarrs, VFT's and heli's :D
I'm happy mine are just alive :p

Your Helis are outstanding!

Thanks! I've only been growing Helis for about 9 months, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing yet :-))

Awesome collection of beautifull Sarrs, VFT's and heli's :D
I'm happy mine are just alive :p

Thanks :-D It's easier here than there because it almost never hits freezing over the winter, and when it does, it's only once a year for a couple of hours if not a day max.

how long can you go without a repot on the 3 foot by 1 foot rectangles , bogs?
isnt it a lot of trouble, or can you leave them indefinitely????
i have a couple containers approx three and a half foot by about two and a half foot deep, would love to bog them.
any ideas?:blush:

Last edited:
very nice Zu,

:)

Thanks!!!
I've got too many XD. Perhaps I'll have a Great Heli Giveaway sometime.

how long can you go without a repot on the 3 foot by 1 foot rectangles , bogs?
isnt it a lot of trouble, or can you leave them indefinitely????
i have a couple containers approx three and a half foot by about two and a half foot deep, would love to bog them.
any ideas?:blush:

I've only had mine about 6-9 mo this way, but I talked to Brokken at the last BACPS, after who I modeled my bogs, and he says his have been not-repotted for 4ish years or so (Brokken, you around to corroborate?) and he's thinking about repotting now-ish.

Dude...what've you got to put in those minibogs? It depends on if you want to have a nice view from one side or multiple sides, and where from your sunshine will come, in addition to the plants you've got. Also what temps you'll give it all in the winter (like, if you make sure it doesn't freeze you could even put cephs in there!).

Very, very nice plants there theZ! :D

Could you point out the antho-free Sarracenia you've got in one of the bogs there? I spot a purp hetero and psittacina 'Green Rosette', but I'm having trouble IDing the others.

Amazing bogs! Maybe I should post pics of my sarr bog...

Very, very nice plants there theZ! :D

Could you point out the antho-free Sarracenia you've got in one of the bogs there? I spot a purp hetero and psittacina 'Green Rosette', but I'm having trouble IDing the others.

Well, they look bad because I had mites, and now I think there might be worms because I found a worm in one of my bogs but I'm not sure which one, is why you can't ID them :-))

Starting from the left front, purp hetero, rosea luteolata, behind the rosea is a jonesii green, the tall one in the center is a cruddy looking leuco green, a bunch of gulfensis green because I got a clump of small ones instead of a mature division :poke:, and then that green psitt on the right in the front. I would really love to get a minor green...but I really don't want to pay with my left kidney for it, ya know?

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Amazing bogs! Maybe I should post pics of my sarr bog...

Thanks :) This is my first year growing Sarras from spring wake-up (had a few at the tail end of summer last year), and bogs are surprisingly easy even for a noob like myself.

I would really love to get a minor green...but I really don't want to pay with my left kidney for it, ya know?

I agree. The price for the all-green S. minor being sold last year was ridiculous. You can always try ordering from overseas nurseries that have it though.

I'm so jealous of your sarrs and VFT's, I'd give anything to be able to grow them like that. Very nice. Thanks fro posting.

Nicely done!

The setup is perfect, and the Helis aren't half bad either.

I agree. The price for the all-green S. minor being sold last year was ridiculous. You can always try ordering from overseas nurseries that have it though.

Yeah....yeah. I guess I'll just wait a couple years til there's maybe a couple divisions floating around.

I'm so jealous of your sarrs and VFT's, I'd give anything to be able to grow them like that. Very nice. Thanks fro posting.

Thanks :) There's plenty of community pots you could make with tropical plants though, like a nice ping/ceph/dew/utric pot? You know what would be super-cute: ceph, pygmy sundew and utric nelumbifolia pot :-D

Nicely done!

Thanks!

The setup is perfect, and the Helis aren't half bad either.

Thanks...
:0o: omg I <3 my Helis!!

Nice! Thanks for posting. :)

Nice bogs! Can't wait to get some like yours. I plan on doing one a year. I glad I bought Judith Hindle. Beautiful!

Thanks!

The rubricorpora sure is something, huh?

Did you find your purp montana to be a bit sluggish during the spring? I have a couple medium divisions and they seem to be a bit slow (slower than my other purps, that is).

Back