What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

heli group shot

thez_yo

instigator
I pulled out the helis in one tank to clean out all the green slimey stuff, so here's a group shot of some of them (the rest are wee and don't photograph well ;)) --

P7190013.jpg

center: juvie H.nutans

clockwise from noon: @red tag is H.heterodoxa, then heteroXminor, tequila, minor, pulchella, pulchella.

..sorry for no pics of the new ones, they're not pic-worthy ATM because they're in the Heli-ICU.

Great Helis!

awesome collection Zu
now that youve jumped in with both feet, any words of heli wisdom?

awesome collection Zu
now that youve jumped in with both feet, any words of heli wisdom?

Keep 'em sopping wet in standing water all the time, and try not to get them above 85, but if you do, meh. :-)) Oh, and also mist them "at whim" for photo shoots, but otherwise let the pitchers dry out in the scorching desert sun. Shove as many BIG crickets as you can into the pitchers too, but mind the "foul dying bugs" smell if you keep the water line too low ;)

(only works for people named TheZ_Yo who live in San Diego)

Great family photo!

Thanks!

I can manage the sopping wet bit here in Scotland, but the scorching sun may present a problem :-))

LOL, u nut ;)

:jester:

I can manage the sopping wet bit here in Scotland, but the scorching sun may present a problem :-))

It only works for me because I get so much evaporation from the sun that I can keep them drenched. It helps keep the enclosure humid too what with all the evaporation.

Back