What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

s purp heterophylla

uphwiz

jimmy
it sure took its time, its my slowest purp but it has started producing fairly well for me this season.
I got it last fall , and it was nice then, but I thought it wouldn't make it this year , but MAYBE:blush:
It is hard to photograph as it just glows and blows out the pic every time, this is my best attempt to get a good shot of it.:-D.
s_purpurea+subs+purpurea+var+heterophylla.jpg
the lower shot is what it looked last fall , i had had it for a short while at this point and some of the pitchers were not happy with the new surroundings.
click on pic for closer view:0o:

I love it! The neon yellow is soo appealing to me! I've got to acquire one sometime soon!

Nice looking plant!

True that on the slow-growing part. Mine has made all of two or three leaves (came as a pitcherless rhizome!!) and I don't assume I'll get any good growth on it until next year with a good, long, mild winter with some leaves on it. Great job growing it out that much! They're the neon green highlighter of the Sarracenia world.

Neat!

happy purp, my fav sarr, good job with it

Beautiful plant. Good job growing it out. I have one as well. I really want to get the venosa het. I believe it's called luteola. Then my purp collection will be complete.

Beautiful plant. Good job growing it out. I have one as well. I really want to get the venosa het. I believe it's called luteola. Then my purp collection will be complete.

S. rosea f. luteola (same as S. purp. venosa var burkii f. luteola) is one thing, and the anthocyanin-free S. purpurea subsp venosa that turned up in Germany (or so I hear) is slightly different ;)

Lovely purp! This one has been on my wish list for a while, it just seems to glisten in the light!

Back