Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ceph help

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would pull the "winter leaf' and see if you can get that to sprout.

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, heat and lack of aircirculation is the spell of doom for a ceph (more so than any other CP IMO). Their hairy pitchers and foliage are prone to trapping drops of water and encouraging fungal/pathogenic growth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i have good news and bad.
    it died all the way back to just the growth points but they are still alive and healthy now that i have reduced the watering to once a week and i see a new growth point coming up. I'll try to get pics up when it looks better. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    personally, i think you are watering it too much still. once every other week sounds better. but keep humidity up along with good air circulation.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its in a small pot and hope to re pot when its adjusted and growing well but a result of the small pot is it dries out very fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you do water, water around the perimeter and avoid the crown of the plant. This has helped my plants a great deal.

When it gets better and forms a small pitcher, feed it with a tiny Betta fish food pellet. I have a package of something called BettaBioGold I am just about done with. It worked great for the tiny pitchers of my plants giving them a nice little boost. Now I will have to investigate to find a better food because the new BetaBioGold is different and has wheat listed as the first ingredient.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill: Good to see you back! Peopl have been asking about doing dormancy outside. Well there's this hobbysit from Connecticut...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, all. I am also new to ceph. After have reading your replies, I am confused. Here are my confusions:

(1) If I grow my cephs outdoors, and in my local area almost every day is sunny, what's the watering frequency should I keep? Once every day? or Once or twice per week? My cephs generally receive direct sunlight for 4 hours.

(2) My cephs in standard 3inch pots and I use the tray-method to grow them. So, in my case, what's the water-level should I keep? Currently, the water-level is 1-cm. Is this OK?

(3) In summary, can I say: to grow cephs, the soil needs to be kept drier than other CPs?

Thanks.
    My Grow-List and Want-List
    If you know other unique plants that can walk, can talk, can sing, or can eat people, please tell me and I definitely want to get one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast