User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone root fertilise their Heliamphora?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    think that trich would help with the spotting on my black truncata leaves the plant seems fine other wise. I have several cephs now that i would hate to loose suddenly now that they are getting to a nice size.
    Last edited by uphwiz; 09-12-2010 at 03:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read about how to use trichoderma... it says after your done watering discard the whole batch. So if you mix it with a gallon size jug and pour just a little on your plants the rest goes to waste, is this true? If it is I'm getting the granular kind so i dont waste any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used this organic stuff called plant tone I had laying a round a couple of times on my reducta (grows in the same soil and region as heliamphora) and it seems to be responding well. It's just chicken crap, feathers, ect. ect. The capensis I potted in there with it are really taking off too, lol.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fly-catchers View Post
    Hi,
    When you water in Trichoderma do you pour it from above or could you stand the plant in a saucer and fill the saucer with the treated water? I have a few big Cephs I want to treat and not keen on soaking them from above as the pitchers fill the pot.
    I have had a few issues with some of my VFTs developing rotten roots which them infects the bulb of the plant. Is it likely that Trichoderma might help "cure" this issue or would I need to use a fungicide first. And them once (if) the plant recovers and once the effects of the fungicide wears off them treat with Trichoderma?
    What dosage of Trichoderma do you use? 1 teaspoon to a gallon for example?
    Sorry to hijack this thread!!

cheers

bill
    Bill, back when i had my large clumps of cephs I would place the ceph pot in a larger pan and fill the outer pan with the solution until the level was slightly less then the surface level of the cephs. Id let it sit like this for 10-15 mins then remove and let the excess drain. It seemed to work very well for me. I was able to get clumps of a 100 or more pitchers without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by uphwiz View Post
    think that trich would help with the spotting on my black truncata leaves the plant seems fine other wise. I have several cephs now that i would hate to loose suddenly now that they are getting to a nice size.
    Jimmy, cant honestly answer that... however the peer reviewed research has shown systemic benefits

Quote Originally Posted by bag1234 View Post
    I read about how to use trichoderma... it says after your done watering discard the whole batch. So if you mix it with a gallon size jug and pour just a little on your plants the rest goes to waste, is this true? If it is I'm getting the granular kind so i dont waste any.
    Why not just use 1/4tsp and a quart of water?... or the granular if you prefer. I tend to use the granular for potting and transplanting. But it works well in both applicaitons, just a little funky looking (snot like)

Av

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Av mentioned, you can always mix up as much or as little as you need. Just scale your Trich to water ratio accordingly. I'm just about to the point of needing over a gallon to water my collection with. Granular is always an option too. When I'm running short on time, I'll just sprinkle it over my plants instead of mixing up the flowable.

Crystal
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's odd, the instruction sheet I got with the Plant Helper stuff says to store the unused solution in the refrigerator.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NaN brings up a very good point, just that Ive always been afraid too...but the cold temps should slow down the growth of any bad bacteria.

I mix up what i need, apply it... catch the run off, then use that for my roses, cacti, ferns etc etc etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep my trich in my fridge and I don't have any dead Helis yet..in fact a pulchella Chimanta Tepui is coming back from the dead under the soil!.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast