What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lady in white

This time of year is this beauty's time to put on a show. She's nothing to write home about in the spring but makes up for lost time come later summer/ early fall. Truly a case of 'saving the best for last'.

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

Nice,:-o

Nice Leucos!!!!

I love S. leucophylla! You have a beautiful pitchers there Yann!! Maybe this should be a leuco appreciation thread? :D (All just taken)

S. leucophylla

IMG_1606.JPG

S. leucophylla Wash Co.

IMG_1608.JPG

IMG_1607.JPG

S. leucophylla "Purple Lips"

IMG_1611.JPG

S. leucophylla "Alba Top"

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1614.JPG

Andrew

Wowweee! I love leuco so this is officially my *favorite* thread here now :-D

Stunning Andy! I knew you were hiding a couple things from us in that greenhouse. The plant pictured above is actually a Moorei, can you guess which parent it most took after? ;P

OH, so we're doing leuco hybrids in this thread too?!! Must they carry leuco most? :p

Is it just me, or does your Moorei look alot like Andy's "Purple Lips" clone?
Are they one in the same?

I'll play too then :p

Leuco from Andy:
P9140006.jpg

Umlauftiana:
P9140005.jpg

Some random unknown from a bulk order (is not mature pitchers yet):
P9140004.jpg

P9140003.jpg

Is it just me, or does your Moorei look alot like Andy's "Purple Lips" clone?
Are they one in the same?

Purple lips is a leucophylla clone, it gets much taller than this Moorei clone. They certainly share some color characteristics but the plants aren't synonymous. The plant I have pictured is seed grown from Bugweed and has been in the NASC Auction for the last 2 yrs. I think both portray the beauty of leucos quite well though :)

Gorgeous plants, guys! :awesome:

Mine are barely coming up:

Only Leuco I have is Tarnok! I need to get a typical!

Wow, that's strikingly nice joossa!

its a poor photo, does it no justice even at its age...
here is a baby S. leuco Hurricane Creek White...2 1/2 or 3 years old now i believe....
new pitcher, will lose all red color within a week or so and be pure white/green
P1010108.jpg

Here's another leuco hybrid, made by a great friend here on the forums.

S. x ('Golden Red Jubilee' x leucophylla)
IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

updated:

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

Last edited:
Good stuff!! Is it the same plant in those two pics Yann? The lid sure looks different between them. lol

S. leuco "Purple Lips" x 'Royal Ruby'
('Royal Ruby' was Moorei "big red" which is flava x leucophylla)

IMG_1619.JPG

Not quite white top look.. but does have leuco in the hybrid! :p

S. leuco "red" x S. minor Okee
IMG_1616.JPG

Good stuff!! Is it the same plant in those two pics Yann? The lid sure looks different between them. lol

Ya same plant, but it's either different pitchers on the plant or different times that I took the pics. It's the only shot I had of it's back side on file. I'll snap a better one in a minute.

There's that stunning excellens! :drool:

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Added 2 new ones from right now. The back side of that lid on the first one was either one of the first larger pitchers or it was just opening and didn't color up and get the ruffled lid yet. It's a great cross.

OMG Andy that excellens clone is amazing!

Back