What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

short video , where my cephs grow

uphwiz

jimmy
This how i keep my cephs, id love to cover this entire shelf, with them.:0o:
t-5 4 bulbs, humidity 40 to 60 percent, though I dont keep that close an eye on the humidity,
day temps 75 to 82 F , down to 69 to 70 F at night.
Ive had one of them drop the lids totally, and to my horror it was almost bone dry :nono:, it took a week but i got it back in shape and its growing like a weed ( as cephs grow LOL), mine really drink lots of water, I think its due to the close proximity to the heat and intense lights, and fans. I do mist my pitchers, but am very careful not to let them stay wet for more than an hour or so, the fans and lights dry them quickly.
from what ive read there others that are growing in almost the opposite extreme of my conditions, dryer, less humidity,lower light levels etc. so are cephs really that picky?
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NawdOiFRv64?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NawdOiFRv64?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Wow! This is super informative! Thanks so much for posting this. :)
How long did it take for your Cephs to grow large pitchers? Mine has teeny tiny baby ones, like, 1.5cm long at the most. I can't wait till mine grow up.

WHOA!!
Everything looks just fantastic!!
Super job growing, Jimmy!
You should take more videos of everything else!

Cephs aren't picky at all.....they can tolerate lows of 45F and highs of at leasts 90F, they can grow with 50% humidity, or with 85%.....full sun to full shade.....in peat and sand to orchid mix.

I find for me at least that I have the best luck keeping it in 75% humidity and keeping the soil damp, but not wet. My temps are variable, but average at 70's durring the day and 60's at night. The soil I use is a pine mulch/sand/peat/charcoal mix.

Judging from the vid, you are doing a pretty good job at growing it. ;)

Back