User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red Pitcher from Lowe's today. Advice Please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Red Pitcher from Lowe's today. Advice Please!

Ok, so here it is. I need advice on how I can keep this from dying on me. It is waaaay too pretty to let die like my last one from Lowe's. What do you all recommend? Key thing is it is in the "death Cube" and was outside in the greenhouse area. One leaf is brown. Should I add some fluid (Water) to the pitchers? Should I re-pot immediately?

Thanks!!!!
    Currently I own Dormant 1 VFT, 1 Dormant Sarracenia & One Purple Pitcher
    I am a Warrior... Soldier at heart, but I love the CP World. Support Leads HOOAH!

http://www.cafepress.com/LifeGrowsfromLove

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    taking out of the cube, and sitting it in a tray of water should do well... let it sit outside. the way how the year's progressing, dormancy should be starting up soon so you should prep for that, depending on which part of the States you live in. for areas like michigan, or minnesota, you might want to keep them in a dark cool basement for dormancy, at least till spring starts up again,
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be ok to add it to my Mini Bog that I have?
    I am a Warrior... Soldier at heart, but I love the CP World. Support Leads HOOAH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah sure, but i would try avoiding any unnecessary stress the plant might be going through. if you received a relatively fresh box of death cubes, there shouldnt be any problem. if the plant's been there for a while, that's a different story. a small acclamation process might be needed though as the plant probably was fresh out of the TC flask, in which case, you might need to keep the humidity high for a bit (a week) and gradually lower it--a large ziplock bag is great for this. open up the mouth larger to lower the humidity. otherwise, i would refrain from taking it out of the pot since it's going to take a nap until feb/march. best time for repotting sarrs is right before they break out of dormancy--very minimal stress.

my advice would be to keep it in the pot, wait for dormancy to occur, then early spring, unpot and place in your minibog. however, dont take my advice too seriously. im standing on a more conservative approach, as im not particularly a strong sarr grower. im sure more experienced sarr growers have much more useful info than what i've given.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're going to grow outdoors I would acclimate it slowly to direct sunlight over 2 or three weeks.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I took it out of the pot and placed it into my Mini bog. Hope this is ok. I will place a baggie over it.

So, I also grabbed up this

Do you recommend the same thing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a D. adelae, which is a tropical sundew. You will need to keep it warm and sunny all winter.
    "The plants you grow, end up growing you."

My Grow List:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123995

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure to acclimate the sundew, it'll be a lot more sensitive than the Sarrs. There's no need at all to acclimate the Sarr. Only the ones that have been there for quite some time will need to be acclimated. The same can be for VFTs. The few I've gotten from Lowes I've always just placed directly outside without problem. The current leaves will get burnt by the intensity of the sun's light but the new leaves will be ready to take it on. As mentioned be sure to have someplace like a garage or shed ready for dormancy if you plan on letting it go dormant. Congrats on the additions

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast