What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First New Heliamphora!

Dexenthes

Aristoloingulamata
I got these puppies today and I hope they can settle in and can live with my growing conditions.

H. pulchella Akopan

DSCN5653.jpg

H. heterodoxa x minor

DSCN5655.jpg

Nice plants. Wish I could find some hybrids. I seem to have better luck finding the species than most of the common hybrids. I too just recently got a pulchella. Baby still.

Ohhh, sweet!! :D

I love that heterodoxa x minor! Definitely on my want list!

Nice! I just started with Helis too and so far so good. Next on my list is for sure a pulchella, they get such nice color.

Thanks guys!

Pulchella was at the top of my want list. This sucker is SMALL though, hopefully survives.

I've never grown Heliamphora before so I don't know if they will appreciate my Nepenthes conditions. :\

Pulchella is one of the best Helis in my opinion too :p

I abuse mine pretty hard and they do OK...not spectacular, but I'll take what they give me considering my conditions. You ever manage to find some cobras?

Yes "I" "found" some cobras. :p but I am STILL waiting for them to arrive.... they're taking their sweet time about it I guess.

Your conditions would be more hot and dry though... whereas mine are quite cool and humid with low light levels... So that's why I'm wondering if they will make it. I've heard they don't like being overly humid.

Well right now it's pretty cool - heading down to a good 5-7C at night for the next couple of days.. guess I'll see how they do in that standing water that they're in. I think if it's humid and cool with low light... I'd either have a good rough fan blowing on them and bump up the lights. In my setup (read: balcony :-))) they're right next to the Sarrs, and the Sarrs look roast and crispy in the lids if not DARK purple, but the Helis actually look like they could take more sun.

@dex. yeah your going to need lots of light for them.

I have them in the brightest position that they can be in my tank at the moment...

Maybe as soon as I make some more room, I will put them on "stilts" so to speak, so that they are very close to the lights.

Back