User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cephalotus is my favorite plant in the world!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFury View Post
    Wolfn, out of curiosity, how often did you water that ceph? Mine is TINY and is growing out of a plug of sheet moss so it's tough to tell how damp the underlying soil is. The tips of the sheet moss turn brown, but I know that doesn't mean the soil underneath is bone dry. Just trying to strike the right balance, because my baby ceph isn't growing, and I know it's got everything to do with the amount of water I'm giving it!
    I spray the top of the soil with distilled water about once a week. It keeps the soil damp but not waterlogged. About once a month I do a heavy spray so the water soaks down to the bottom (but with no standing water)
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

Wolfn's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep mine in super bright light, cool temps, in front of a fan, with high humidity. I have it in a peat/sand/charcoal/pine mulch mix and I water it 2-3 times a month by sticking it in a container of water untill the soil is waterlogged, then I remove it and let it grow.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't owned a Cephalotus before, I hope to soon though!

I think they are charming little plants and awesome unique pitcher plants.

However... I really haven't gotten into the obsession over them. It's a little hard for me to grasp. I wouldn't pay as much money as some people do for them because they will always just be a small plant.

IMO there are numerous species of Nepenthes that are so much more colorful, savage looking, exotic, amazing, etc..

Ceph's are awesome though. Maybe when I get one it will grasp my soul and never let me go

But for now, I find Nepenthes to be the most awesome plants in the world.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that if growing big and tall plants is what you find most rewarding, then Nepenthes would be your cup of tea.

For me personally, the Ceph's relatively small size is one of the things that draws me to it! Being that I have limited growing space, it's cool to be able to grow such a delicate and ornate plant within those constraints. I also like the downright mesozoic look of the Ceph - something very savage and menacing about it, what with the spiky teeth and fuzzy beard. Very cool little plants!

Now if only mine would start GROWING!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you grow them leik dees:

by far one of the most amazing set ups ever. i'd link the original thread where this photo was from, but i cant seem to find it.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFury View Post
    For me personally, the Ceph's relatively small size is one of the things that draws me to it! Being that I have limited growing space, it's cool to be able to grow such a delicate and ornate plant within those constraints. I also like the downright mesozoic look of the Ceph - something very savage and menacing about it, what with the spiky teeth and fuzzy beard. Very cool little plants!
    I love small plants too! That's why I love N. argentii so much. Just the whole aspect of a tendril coming off of a leaf and forming a pitcher... So strange, gets me every time!

Cephalotus has lovely attributes though, almost equally as bizarre. I'll have to get one and see how I feel.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Sorry Dex, that scream was obviously for that RIDICULOUS terrarium setup that amphirion posted. ^^^wtf

Yeah, I admit I too would be much more into Neps if I could provide hospitable conditions for more than just the most hardy of the bunch (N. ventricosa is all I have, and it's all I'd probably be able to manage). They are very captivating plants. But that's another reason I love Cephs... quite hardy and tolerant little buggers. But then why isn't mine GROWING!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    by far one of the most amazing set ups ever. i'd link the original thread where this photo was from, but i cant seem to find it.
    This seems to be it just down the road from Dex ...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast