0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do hope they grow well for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i recall you have the hummers that is suffering pretty badly, so i hope you have corrected your conditions. It would be terrible for you to lose an eden black because you probably paid a fortune for it . Also it would be disappointing when there are far more experienced growers capabale of having this plant thrive. So please do your best to provide the best conditions possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they are very very nice specimens. i hope your luck is much better this 2nd to 5th time around (considering that's how many cephs you have). keep an eye out for Czech Giant please...4 pitchers simultaneously aborting like that is telling me that something is amiss. i cant see the later two photos for some reason.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's my entire setup. And no, I did not pay a "fortune" for them. They were purchased at extremely reasonable prices.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imageshack is always so slow even with reasonably sized images. I have my browser set to block images from Imageshack. I use Photobucket and have it set to resize my images on upload to 800 x 600 pixels out of consideration to forum users.

Andrew: maybe a filter that changes large image links to clickable links would be better if there even is such an add-on?
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aaaand uhhh AFIK Eden Black is not even available in the US....if it is, it is in very few, limited collections and would not be that size as the ones that have been released over the last year or so have been very small plants, and those were in europe where the source lives...
    Why would you jump into this many rare, ceph clones if you are having problems with your hummer?
    i would have at least waited until that one rebounded to ensure that you can grow them...
    if that is indeed a true Eden Black, and that thing croaks, i can imagine not only will your wallet hurt, but many cephalotus enthusiasts in the hobby that have been on the waiting list for quite some time for one of those.

As far as your comment on "previously undiscovered form"
    it is not a form, it is an unregistered cultivar.
    There is one one species of cephalotus, and any cultivar/color variants under it, but no listed varieties or subspecies.

i really hope you know what you are doing, because just buying them up and putting them into an uncertain set of conditions, with what has already proven negative results, could be quite devastating to your collection and again, your money.

when you say reasonable prices, that makes me think even more that the Eden is not the real deal, because one could fetch major money for one of those, much more than a seedling N. edwardsiana would bring in, and one of that size were it the real deal, would probably amount to the price of a near mature specimen of edwardsiana, that is just how rare that clone is.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the posts you have made so far and the Hummer's thread...I'm very skeptical about this entire thread...If your in the US, you 99.999999% don't have an Eden. The Czech's have not been in "selling" status until about a year or two ago, and are just not that large. The US is WAY behind most of the rest of the world due to overly strick import rules.

If your in the US you are VERY likely getting "sold" typical's with larger pitchers, I've grown typicals with 2" pitchers no problem.

IF these are your plants I would be VERY careful with the one in the bowl...If you didn't get the Hummer's watering right, the bowl plant will be dead soon.

Please be careful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have some very beautiful plants! Cephs are such amazing looking CPs. The one I just received is about the size of a quarter and I have a whole terrarium dedicated to it. I plan on adding more very soon. Congrats on the new cephs!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast