Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: A Cephalotus Collection fit for a King! [warning: picture heavy]

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Use the report button to report a post if you feel it is needed.

I really don't understand some of the comments made in this topic... From what I've scanned, it seems people are being passionate, but not rude or attacking. It looks like a discussion on this discussion board, with people on each side pointing out facts and reasons. I have not received any reports from anyone, reporting any particular posts or this thread with a specific reason that they feel anything is out of line, yet I see comments directly in this thread pointing to the fact that something is out of line. I must be missing it.
    If someone wants to report a particular post, and give the reason they think it is out of line, the mods and I would be more than happy to take a look at it with those given details. Remember, to use the "REPORT" button to the bottom left of each post, and then give your reasons why you think it is out of line, this creates a topic in the mod forum for us to read it over and discuss it. Posting in threads that things have deteriorated here, it's the kids table or that we attack people in lynch mob fashion just doesn't help anything.
    Thanks,
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread has definitely made it to the top of the list when it comes to age vs replies/views. I will continue posting provocative photos and giving my audience the encores it desires. Happy Growing.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Listserv.org View Post
    Every grower will have their own conventions of labeling plants in their personal collection, as I'm sure everyone here is aware. Those are actually my own personal labels, and not those of the previous owner. You can't see them from this angle, but I have stickers on the pots themselves with models of Italian cars-- to give my collection a more personal touch and to be more easily recognizable by myself. These are, after all, my specimens of the highest grade.
    And herein lie the problem. Your opinion on labeling conventions is sorely misguided. To echo Tony's comment after your post, why are you relabeling things when they already allegedly have a proper naming convention? Contrary to what Tony said, the way I read this post was you had names and you changed them to suit your desires. Just answer this question straight: the plant you were sold was allegedly labeled 'Eden's Black' but you changed it to Black Maroon for what purpose? Especially since you came in here posting about your 'Eden's Black'?

Also, just out of curiosity what are the other 20+ plants from Australia in your terrarium?
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listserve, I am dying to know... What are the two flytraps? Both are really tiny, but really intriguing.

One looks like a cup trap, and it's in the fish bowl. The other is the one that I'm intensely interested in, a beautiful red/dark red next to the "black maroon" ceph.

Dyin' to know!
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To my eyes, these plants do not look healthy. The "Czech Giant" in particular looks like it's going the same way as your 'Hummer's Giant'. The alleged 'Eden Black', or whatever it is, looks like it might be going the same way too. If you don't correct your growing techniques then I would suggest that the controversy caused by the unconventional naming of unrecognised 'clones' will naturally come to an end.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To my eyes, these plants do not look healthy.
    Yes, truly fit for a king.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hat

Quote Originally Posted by Listserv.org View Post
    Yes, truly fit for a king.
    What on earth is that supposed to mean? You are by no means a king, so what are you getting at here? I dont even......!?!?
    You called some of us morons earlier in the thread, then began to say that we are your audience, and you are putting on a show....
    If its a show your putting on, and you say this is fit for a king, then you must be the jester because this thread has just become to darn funny with what you have posted. You are exactly like a kid we had here before, and it's absolutely irritating.
    You dont just name a plant Eden black because you feel like it, it's a cultivar tied to a specific clone.
    You said your friend has known Stephen Morley for 15 years and received the pls t directly from him, but Stephen says he has NOT shipped anything overseas. Do you take us for fools?
    Your conditions for your plants are deplorable. Your plants, just as mobile said are heading downhill. Listen to the advice several of us have offered you, it will do you some good and potentially save your plants, and if not, hey thats your deal and if you lose them than maybe you will realize that advice should be taken to mind even if you dont really even care to listen to it at the time.
    Last edited by SirKristoff; 12-31-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    What on earth is that supposed to mean? You are by no means a king, so what are you getting at here? I dont even......!?!?
    Well, it looks to me like the Kings subjects (his plants) are dying and a King is nothing without a Kingdom

Perhaps you could translate some of the advise given in your 'Hummer's Giant' thread to these plants. There are some really experienced growers on here, totally many many years of experience. You might also want to familiarise yourself with cultivar requirements and naming conventions: http://www.carnivorousplants.org/cul...ivarsmain.html
    Last edited by mobile; 12-31-2010 at 12:11 PM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast