What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ceph czech giant ?

I was told by the seller from an online nursery that the czech should be slightly bigger than a hummer's in pitcher size. I have been growing a czech giant for over a year and the adult pitcher size is nowhere near my hummer's. All of the pictures I've seen on the web of a czech giant seems like a normal typical size to me. Does anyone have a czech giant ceph that is as big as a hummer's giant in pitcher size?

could be because your czech giant is relatively young? it could take more than just a year to get a fully mature specimen. you'll know that you have one once it starts flowering.

The 'Czech Giants' I'm growing are not producing any increased size vs typicals or Hummers. Only time will tell.

yeah.... I'm just wondering why its called a "czech giant" if its no larger than a typical, unless the original plant is like 10yrs old with giant pitchers. Hopefully it's not going to take that long for it to actually start growing 2"+ adult pitchers. I would still like to know if anyone has a picture of a "mature czech giant" with 2"+ pitchers, which its suppose to grow to that size.

Back