What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet Cephalotus "Fuzzikins"

Take a look at this spectacular new hybrid:

cephalotuswithbo.jpeg

I've decided to name it "Fuzzikins". It should be obvious why. When healthy, this plant develops gorgeous pitchers that are covered in a grey pubescence making the play look unlike anything I've seen on this or any other forum. In order to attain this marvelous state, Fuzzikins must be kept heavily watered and in very VERY dim light... nay, forget the light, just shove it under your bed along with all the other dust bunnies and it'll look it's prime. I'm hoping to have divisions of it soon so I can share it with all my friends. I should state that this plant is over 250 years old and I got it from an old Chinese trader whose name I can't give you because he also traffics in Opium. I hope you like it though, but even if you don't I don't care because it's the bestest, rarest plant in existence.

Last edited:
Thanks Brokken, I loughed so loud I've got a sore Stomach.... Clever work :)

Cheers
Louis

:lol:

Brokken, you are mad hilarious :hail:

:-))

I can make mine literaly look like that when i mist it.

Eeet's alive! :-D

Last edited:
It's like having a kiwi!

This is still the best thing to ever happen to me :boogie:

I just want to clarify one thing. This is NOT the original "fuzzykins" cultivar and nothing I see here makes me believe otherwise. Although it does share some obvious fuzzykins traits, the original strain is not in mainstream cultivation. Anyone who knows anything about Cephalotus would know that the original grower of C. follicularis "fuzzykins" created the cultivar in pre-cambrian times and there's no way that any North American growers actually have access to the original clone.

Nice try, although it is an EXTREMELY healthy looking Cephalotus - C. "fuzzykins" it is not. Maybe if the Chinese man himself comes and adds his input I will change my mind.

I just want to clarify one thing. This is NOT the original "fuzzykins" cultivar and nothing I see here makes me believe otherwise. Although it does share some obvious fuzzykins traits, the original strain is not in mainstream cultivation. Anyone who knows anything about Cephalotus would know that the original grower of C. follicularis "fuzzykins" created the cultivar in pre-cambrian times and there's no way that any North American growers actually have access to the original clone.

Nice try, although it is an EXTREMELY healthy looking Cephalotus - C. "fuzzykins" it is not. Maybe if the Chinese man himself comes and adds his input I will change my mind.

The Chinese opium dealer is best friends with the creator of "fuzzykins", so it HAS to be real. ;)

Actually i had a clone sent to me by accident in a shipment of phalaenopsis orchids from Taiwan. At the moment it's in a closely guarded private lab being reporduced.

I bought a C. "Fuzzikins" on ebay once. Turns out it was just hair in a can sprayed all over the pitchers. Buyer beware!

Bwwa ha ha hahahahaha! :-)) :lol: Awesome

That is just too funny! Thanks, Brokken, I needed that laugh. And thanks Dexenthes for making it even funnier!

Oh man, Dex and Brokken, you guys are awesome. This makes my day anyday...including my birthday :-D :lol: :hug:

Bravo! :clap:

Back